Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheatgrass!

• 20-05-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hiya,

I'm considering getting a wheat grass juicer and growing system. I've never had wheat grass before, and I was wondering if anyone is taking it, and how they found the taste? I was considering trying it in Jumo in juices a few times first but I don't know how similar it will be to the stuff I juice myself.

Also, I really am short on cash, and was considering getting a budget manual juicer, but if I get so fed up with it that I end up buying the basic electronic one anyway it'll be a further waste of money.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laura

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to help this poster out.

Please feel free to move it on further if appropriate.

DrIndy

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

Wheatgrass juice has a fairly strong taste and some people cant stomach it at all! You would be better off trying it at least once to make before you decide to grow the stuff (the juice in Zumo is the same as what you make at home). You can buy grow kits but all you need are a few trays, some compost and the wheatgrass grains (available in many health shops). When it comes to juicing, you really need to buy a masticating juicer, a normal juicer wont be good enough. Good masticating juicers aren't cheap but are well worth the money, I've had the same one for about 6 years and its never given me a problem. Have a look for the "Green Star" brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 laura27314

Thanks! I'll check it out in Jumo.

Advertisement