Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land of leather ?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi i need some help my parents bought a suite from land of leather in january just before they went into administration when they heard what had happended my mum went to the shop to get her deposit back and was told that her order was processed and was on its way as it was a special order that she would have it in may the shop is closes so cant contact anyone to find out if her deposit is lost which i think it is just wanted to ask is there anything that can be done thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

charge back the credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She could try contacting the administrators for Land of Leather - Deloitte UK. There's a useful article here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

How did she pay the deposit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    charge back the credit card

5 months later with a compnay thats folded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes, if the OP paid using a credit card then the credit card company is party to the transaction and as the goods were not delivered they must refund the payment they made to the shower of l@ngers and seek redress for that debt themselves by going on the creditors list, it pays to pay by credit card!

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

dudara wrote: »
    She could try contacting the administrators for Land of Leather - Deloitte UK. There's a useful article here.

Thanks for the link tried ringing them but cant get thru to anyone so been on to the credit card company and there going to get back to me tomorrow hope i can get the deposit back

Advertisement