Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SF IV damage scaling system.

• 20-05-2009 3:28am
    Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys do you know how damagin scaling works in SF IV.

For those you who don't it works as follows.

The first 2 hits in a combo do 100% damage.
    3rd hit does 80%
    4th hit does 70%
    5th hit does 60%
    6th hit does 50%
    7th hit does 40%
    8th hit does 30%
    The 9th hit and each additonal hit there after does 1% less damage.

Focus attacks and Ultras count as two hits each. So if you do a focus attack and then connect an ultra, the ultra does 80% of its damage.

Therefore more hits are not always best. For example Bison can do a flashy combo of Level 3 FA (2 hits 100% damage) dash Level 1 FA(4 hits 80% damage) dash ultra (6 hits 50% damage). But by the time the ultra hits its only going do 50% of its damage and the extra damage from the second FA does not make up for it. He would done alot more damage by landing the ultra after first focus attack.

Everything else is considered one hit, throws, specials, supers. All hits within one move are considered one hit. For example Bisons Knee Press can hit twice but its still consider one hit. Hondas 100 hand slap regardless of the amount of times it hits is considered one move.

Additionally there is a damage reduction system in place. The lower your health bar the less damage you take when hit.
    When health dips between 26-50%, damage is scaled to 95%. When health dips to 16-25%, damage is scaled to 90%. When health drops to 1-15%, damage is scaled to 75%.

Finally there is a counter hit system in the game where if you hit your opponent and cleanly beat him without trading while he is performing a move of his own, your opponent will take an additional damage, usually in the region of 25% more damage. For example take Bison's Headstomp. Normally it scores 120 damage points but on counter hit it scores 150, likewise EX Headstomp goes from 200 to 250 on a counter hit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I guess its a good way of preventing ridiculously long combos as seen in other games. Do they do this in every street fighter (II, third strike) or just 4?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Post dizzy counts as a combo score wise, does it also for damage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

dont think so in regards to dizzy counts. And yes this was in 3rd strike anyway.

Although I think its more harsh in this.

For example kens.....(I forget the correct term, command combo or or target combo or something...bah) medium punch to hard punch, was a big part of his game in 3rd strike.

While he still has the move in sfiv, I've yet to see any reason to do it other then look flashy.

For example with ken as a punishing move, I'd do hard punch canceled into spin kick. One day I fought a ken who used his target combo canceled into spin kick and I thought "hmmm I'll do it that way"

But at a later time, I decided to test it in training, and to my disappointment found it did less damage. All it does is look cool as there seems to be better moves to do in all situations in terms of damage :(

You can see damage scaling in training btw, it shows it.

Advertisement