Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Lies!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Onkle wrote: »
    The 8 square bars are made in Ireland but the share size are made in the uk.

So these ones aren't made here? 419GLwYKY8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've always insisted they don't taste like dairy milk but no one believes me.

Ever looked up the NZ cadbury site? It's like heaven on the interweb, I want to go to NZ just to eat chocolate.

And tiffin bars, why don't they sell these in the small version instead of just the 100g version, they are heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

The flake is made here in dub and that is a big seller. But Chocolate is designed to melt at body temperature, so in warmer countries they can't set chocolate that way so it will taste, as in a textural way differently, but you will get use to it.

Chocolate a pleasure to be shared by one. I once spent 5 euros on a chocolate yum yum yummmmmmmmmy the guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

And tiffin bars, why don't they sell these in the small version instead of just the 100g version, they are heaven.

They do sell these in the small (8 square) version! I love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Faith wrote: »
    I'm almost positive they used sell Coconut Rough here.

I think it was a, 'Limited trial run' thing. I love the double choc myself.

Americans don't have a great pedigree for making nice chocolate bars, but I'll forgive them a lot for selling Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

reesesi.jpg

I only wish they sold this version in Ireland.

reesesbigcuplg.jpg

They do sell these in the small (8 square) version! I love them :)

Since when? Where? :eek:

Watch me go and buy two now and eat them all at once when I could have just bought a big 'un :D

• Advertisement

Since always! I see them in pretty much every shop with all the other small Cadbury bars...

Since always! I see them in pretty much every shop with all the other small Cadbury bars...

I swear I've never seen one of them, an internet search brought them up on american and UK sites though. My goal is to find them now. Maybe I've not seen them because I didn't think they existed so have overlooked them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I swear I've never seen one of them, an internet search brought them up on american and UK sites though. My goal is to find them now. Maybe I've not seen them because I didn't think they existed so have overlooked them. :confused:
    Yeah i always see the normal sized cadbury tiffins in nearly every newsagent around. Sucks for you!!!

Im not a big fan though - love my caramello or mint crisp! send me on ten each of these and ill consider sending you on 10 tiffins!

ULstudent wrote: »
    Yeah i always see the normal sized cadbury tiffins in nearly every newsagent around. Sucks for you!!!

Im not a big fan though - love my caramello or mint crisp! send me on ten each of these and ill consider sending you on 10 tiffins!

That doesn't sound like a very good deal for me. I'm going on a tiffin search this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Amalgam wrote: »
    I only wish they sold this version in Ireland.

reesesbigcuplg.jpg
    Agreed, I got one of these bad boys in London and it was bloody amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So these ones aren't made here? 419GLwYKY8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've always insisted they don't taste like dairy milk but no one believes me.

I hate those bars nothing like a proper Cadbury bar should taste like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ No they don't taste like Dairy Milk at all!! The only real Dairy Milk is the eight square bar.

My tiffin 54g bar search has thus far been unsuccessful. ULStudent you could have brought me one up today and given it to me at the race. I expect at least one at the half marathon, just to prove they really do exist.

^^ Since you said about not seeing any small Tiffin bars I haven't noticed any! Are they gone?? I used to buy these all the time and they were ALWAYS displayed with all the other small bars :(

Also, has anyone seen the new Dairy Milk "bar and a half"? It's the regular 8-square bar... only with 12 squares :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'm not sure if it's additives they put in hot countries like Oz or the quality of grass and dairy or both, but I didn't have any decent chocolate for around 8-9 months while travelling. I saw this the first day I arrived in NZ...

7967.jpg

And thought I'd try it out.

:D Big Mistake. I got addicted and put on about 50 kilos.

Oh God I think that looks awful :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah I'm kind of gone off it now. It was the jellies and biscuits in the bar that I thought rocked. I'm sort of off cadburys milk chocolate in general now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sorry to be the one to say this, but Cadbury's chocolate is disgusting. It's oversweet, the texture is sh!te and it contains vegetable oil! Chocolate dos not contain vegetable oil, therefore Cadbury's is not chocolate. And the aftertaste... ugh! For the gods sakes, at least buy Lidl or Aldi chocolate instead - at least that's real chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dublingirl83

My tiffin 54g bar search has thus far been unsuccessful. ULStudent you could have brought me one up today and given it to me at the race. I expect at least one at the half marathon, just to prove they really do exist.

Hi RacoonQueen, was in my local petrol station yesterday (topaz Ashbourne) and they sell the small tiffin bars and the Dunnes in Donaghmede are selling the large ones.
    Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Zillah wrote: »
    So I moved to Canada recently, and I had been tipped off that you can't get Cadbury's chocolate over here so I brought a big stash with me. However, lo and behold, the local convenience store has a whole shelf of Cadbury chocolate. Great, thinks I, I can eat all of this chocolate because it's replaceable.

Imagine my disappointment when I try and eat some of this fake Canadian Cadbury's which barely even tastes like chocolate let alone Cadbury's! I am very disappointed, and I think it's terrible that Cadbury's let someone package crappy chocolate in their name.

Just wanted to rant. This stuff is vile. I actually spat it out.

i was so disappointed when i bought a crunchie and creme egg there and the chocolat was ALL WRONG!
    dont know what part of Canada you are in, but in toronto there's a speciality sweetshop called Tutti Frutti on Bloor/Spadina that does lots of sweets from home, including Twirls with proper cadburys chocolate!! if your in vancouver, they prob have similar shops too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My OH got me a massive big box of Milk Tray for Valentines and it tastes nothing like the nice rich chocolate they put in the bars.. Tastes plain and sugary, horrible, no morishness about it at all :mad: same with the tins of Roses at Xmas time, wtf is happening?? :( we're being ripped off people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think they put added soya into the Roses & Milk Tray now, the chocolate basically tastes watered down now :( Butlers FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I am in Canada as well and the chocolate if you can call it that is horrible. I did get some lovely chocolate from Ecudor in The Bay, it was 81% Cocoa and really tasted like Chocolate should.

My mum posted me some Irish Dairy Milk last week, happy days!

Advertisement