Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just did some research on car hire prices in ireland

• 20-05-2009 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

here are my findings:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Gonzales wrote: »
    here are my findings:

Thanks but a bit difficult to follow. How long is the hire for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Yes, thats a slight oversight on my part - 18 days in September 09 for a 34 yo driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

OP I am not in any way connected with them BUT try enterprise.ie.

Class C (Small Compact) Opel Astra or similar - OK car I guess) for 286 (didn't complete the process there may be more charges - no idea).

The site is good in that it allows you tweak the dates the car and the pick up location with out having to start fresh - I used airport which seems cheaper then city center for example.

I have no idea if enterprise are competitive - i just noticed them missing from your list.

(By the way - when you supply an .xls it's very likely people won't bother).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Id give a +1 on Enterprise. Only because they were the only car hire company in the country I could find that would hire to someone with a full license for less than 2 years.
    Also I rang them and the man on the phone assured me that the price quoted on the website was all I would have to pay. There are extras of course, such as reducing the excess, but there are no compulsory extras that you get unexpectedly stung for. AFAIK that isn't the case with a lot of other hire companies, you show up expecting to pay a certain price and then they lump you with more costs than you anticipated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I usually use Nova Car Hire...
    I think their prices are possibly even cheaper than the prices in your spreadsheet.

• Advertisement

kdobey wrote: »
    OP I am not in any way connected with them BUT try enterprise.ie.

Class C (Small Compact) Opel Astra or similar - OK car I guess) for 286 (didn't complete the process there may be more charges - no idea).

Wow, these are really cheaper by a country mile, it almost sounds too good...

I'll give them a call, thanks.

soc wrote: »
    I usually use Nova Car Hire...
    I think their prices are possibly even cheaper than the prices in your spreadsheet.

nova are competitive for the focus also, the plot thickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theaccountant

+1 for enterprise - have used them a few times and found them good value and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

+1 for Enterprise from me. Russell St employees are very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kdobey wrote: »
    when you supply an .xls it's very likely people won't bother).
    +1 - life's too short!

• Advertisement
Advertisement