Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Projector for photography?

• 20-05-2009 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of projectors specifically for photography (a camera club), I've been going through the review sites but most of the info there is either business orientated or gaming/home cinema related, both of which have no relevance to our needs.

Somebody recommended the Optoma HD65 to us, which is well under our budget, but its widescreen which doesn't seem to be the best if displaying portrait images

Budget is €1000 max and ideally a little less, preferably from a bricks and mortar shop or Irish based online retailer.

All advice would be appreciated, I'm well out of my comfort zone here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

boardmann wrote: »
    I presume this is for 35mm slides ..
    if so,
    please pm me as i can supply you with a top end German Made projector well within your budget.

Noel

Sorry Noel, no, digital data projector is what we require.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

We have one at Galway and the projected images never look the same as the image on laptop screen. Defo try and calibrate it as it will help big time.

It was also suggested to me that when presenting digital images, it is best not to go for the widescreen version. I will dig around for the article as I have it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Would this be of any use to you??

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=115654&cat=8

(Nothing to do with me mind you, just noticed that it's aspect ratio is 4:3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

buy one of the small NEC ones the warranty is very good

give liam @ fittingimage a ring, based out on the naas road

he is a business supplier not a shop, but will help you out, tell him i sent you

Advertisement