Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Full HD 42" 699€

• 20-05-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

apologies if this is already posted or not a good price but it seemed a good deal to me

Harvey norman(i know i know!) in Naas had an lg full HD 42" lcd tv for 699e, im thinking of picking it up, i dont want to spend more than 700 and am looking for a 42 inch, alternatively powercity have a simialar LG 42" HD ready for 599e.

Any thoughts? no idea of model numbers im afraid...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think you'd need the model number to have a good review of it.

Also LG suck for remote control computability, Don't think Sky remotes work with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I've an LG 32" LCD and the sky remote works perfectly. In the manual of the skybox, though there aint no code for LG but there is a code for "Goldstar". LG tvs, about 10 year ago were called Goldstar and the cosde still seems to work with modern LG's:)

OP did you get the model number for the one at Harvey Norman? If its a 5000 series LG its probably better than that 650€ Philips in that other thread, IMO anyway. As well, if its a 5000 series LG, it may also be DTT compatible, where the philips definitely is not

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

zAbbo wrote: »
    I think you'd need the model number to have a good review of it.

Also LG suck for remote control computability, Don't think Sky remotes work with them at all.
    It can be a problem if you have an old revision Sky remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Its 42LG3000 @ powercity for 630 euros! Is £495 or 566 euros Uk retail price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Wow, thats a serious price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

peaceboi wrote: »
    Its 42LG3000 @ powercity for 630 euros! Is £495 or 566 euros Uk retail price.

is that full hd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

POKERKING wrote: »
    is that full hd?

Pretty sure its only HD Ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We bought he 42LG7000 model a few months ago, paid €1000 (Galway) but worth every penny. It has everything and the picture is unbelievable, still haven't seen any other tv come close to it. Everyone who has visited agrees too.

Don't know anything about the 42LG3000 I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi there, checked it @ power city, is only 720p hd ready, i believe. Also saw some good deals @ richersounds ie, for 37 & 42 inch, full hd lcd screens, many ppl say they re very reliable, & the prices £450 & £500. both full ones r Hitachi brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi there, checked it @ power city, is only 720p hd ready, i believe. Also saw some good deals @ richersounds ie, for 37 & 42 inch, full hd lcd screens, many ppl say they re very reliable, & the prices £450 & £500. both full ones r Hitachi brands.

richersounds are great value and have a great service, Cheap delivery for boardies also:)
    and they are on boards

• Advertisement
Advertisement