Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone put up my price plan without permission

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Please stop talking mis-truths!

Blackberries only have their own data plan for BIS service, ie blackberry mail, msn/google chat/bberry maps/bberry browser. Those services controlled by service books, which the OP doesn't have. All the OP has to do, is set tcp-ip setting to isp.vodafone.ie or live.vodafone.ie (which ever he bought the bundle for) and they can use opera or bolt browser to surf web using that bundle's data.

Well yes, it's possible to setup a blackberry to not use any blackberry functions.

But the op didn't do that , did he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

They did something similar with me when i bought a Nokia E61. When I left the shop with my reciept and new phone I noticed an extra €10 tarrif added on. The little F**ker at the counter added this because I had a "blackbery type phone" !!!

I told them to take it off and he said I wouldn't be able to get email etc. I then said it was none of their business what I do with my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

So you've been using the BBerry browser?

That explains it then. You should have checked that out. The BBerry browser can ONLY be used on one of the BBerry price plans, due to the way it connects.

You have no comeback. You were attempting to use a service outside of your tariff, and they charged accordingly, in fact, being a fairer solution than just charging you for the data.

You should actually count yourself lucky.

I used the bb browser in the first month too and this usage came off the add on therefore didn't cost anything.. Into second month and they double the bill and price plan??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, you have a contract with Vodafone and those are the T&Cs that both you and they must abide by. So read your T&Cs carefully, as well as any general T&Cs on the Vodafone website. Then get in touch with Vodafone and look for a supervisor.

I'm going to give them a ring back shortly... Ill let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Smcgie wrote: »
    I used the bb browser in the first month too and this usage came off the add on therefore didn't cost anything.. Into second month and they double the bill and price plan??

That may have been because you were in the middle of a billing period when you started using it.

Sure give them a call and see what can be done. Post back what they say.

Best of luck!

Just got a call from them.. Put me back down to original price plan and refunded... Maybe there not the worst after all. Thanks posters :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The reason they have a "perfect choice access" tarriff plan for their blackberry storm handsets is because the handset price itself was subsidised very heavily, so its just to increase the revenue from these user.

I think the idea is similar to o2 Iphone users, the handset requiring going onto a higher tarriff

But because you never purchased the handset from vodafone in the first place you dont enter into any tarriff agreement regarding the phone.

I'm glad you got it sorted anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They shouldn't have changed your plan without permission.

......but ...

What are you doing with a phone like that if you aren't going to use the features that it offers ?

If they use the features on the phone is neither here nor there. Vodafone have no right up change the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Yeah - Spank_Inferno got there before me, but the PCA tariff comes on the contract for the BB Storm IF you buy it from Vodafone... shouldn't apply on ebay... tho, in fairness, Vodafone have an agreement with RIM, and can't be blamed if problems occur cos someone bought one of their phones on the sly from someone else...
    Thing is, BB needs service books to do everything, INCLUDING isp and vf live, but doesn't need to stay active on the BIS to keep using these, just to keep using BB stuff (email etc.)
    Also, when you start up the BB Storm, if you happen to have the BB connection on your vf account, it will automatically activate itself on the BIS - the storm was designed to be able to set up entirely without having to contact anyone for help...
    and the BB Browser can be set to use vf live...

But anyways, problem sorted, so Yay!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Smcgie wrote: »
    Just got a call from them.. Put me back down to original price plan and refunded... Maybe there not the worst after all. Thanks posters :-)

Well you should still go to Joe Duffy and Comreg and the Small Claims Court and tell them that Vodafone sorted out the problem in an amicable fashion in a day.

parsi wrote: »
    Well you should still go to Joe Duffy and Comreg and the Small Claims Court and tell them that Vodafone sorted out the problem in an amicable fashion in a day.

Why tho?? It's fixed now... sure it may not have been perfect, but I don't see the point in whining about it to Joe Duffy, Comreg have bgigger fiash to fry, and the small claims court may well laugh in your face... :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

zacseph wrote: »
    Why tho?? It's fixed now... sure it may not have been perfect, but I don't see the point in whining about it to Joe Duffy, Comreg have bgigger fiash to fry, and the small claims court may well laugh in your face... :rolleyes:

/facepalm.

parsi wrote: »
    /facepalm.

/headdesk

Advertisement