Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom In The Park 2009

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

http://bloominthepark.com/

If you're going to this show, it is €25 entry at the gate
    or you can book your ticket online for €20

Having paid full price last year, I did a little homework and found that
    if you use promotion code MYH9 online, a ticket will cost you €18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Have to say last year i found this a total rip off and a real let down when i got in. While the garden shows were ok, the price of food in there was crazy and then you had to pay for car parking also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yeah just imagine how many people want something for nothing and when they discover they have to pay, must be horrible? Mind you I didn't see anyone crying or indeed malnourished over the few days last year!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopr

While i would agree that when you have Catering companies at these events they do tend to rip you off, i have to disagree with your comments about Bloom. Last years show was great, well organized, good facilities and was worth the entrance fee. Car parking was reasonable if you spent the full day and you can always bring you own food!

Looking forward to this years show and hopefully we will get some good weather, although I suspect it might be some what scaled down due to the recession. One also must remember that Bloom is still in its infancy.:)

Good luck to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I enjoyed it. Some of the food was a rip off and the admission will go up every year. But its still a great way to spend a few hours and you can bring your own food and drink. If you love flowers and gardenening you will love it. And some of the gardens and stuff on sale will give you a laugh too:D .Remember too,there is no such thing as bad weather,just the wrong clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

The Irish Garden magazine have a 2 for 1 offer for bloom and it's also the showguide....

• Advertisement

I aint someone who wants things for nothing, but you cant justify the catering firms and ice cream vans charging more at this event than at any of the other events during the summer.

I see they took note of peoples view from last year now anyhow, kids go for free which is good thing for people with families.

As for the car park we learn from experience and just wont park there, instead park down the road in the park and have a nice walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

As for the car park we learn from experience and just wont park there, instead park down the road in the park and have a nice walk.

MMhhh! Famous last words! I thought I was really clever last year parked down by the zoo to avoid the mental after-Bloom traffic, followed the signs Bloom this way ----> and another sign and another and lo and behold another sign.. dehydration..starvation..sunburnt..mental exhaustion..lots of whinging and moaning from friends (and me) legs walked off me..and all of that before I even got near the place!!

It was a good day when we eventually finished our "nice walk" and got there. When leaving I got on my knees and begged a nice man in a shuttle bus to drive me to my car as at that stage I was wrecked!!

A little advice from me: if you are going to be a clever parker get the shuttle bus!

God you must be very unfit to get all that from walking in the park. I train there regular running all the roads and you wouldnt even get that on full lap of the park on a run or walking it!! Its not more than 3k from the zoo walking on the rd, and thats been generous. 10-15 min walk from zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

God you must be very unfit to get all that from walking in the park. I train there regular running all the roads and you wouldnt even get that on full lap of the park on a run or walking it!! Its not more than 3k from the zoo walking on the rd, and thats been generous. 10-15 min walk from zoo.

I'm not unfit.. lol.. wouldn't be a runner!!
    <
    I think i look kinda fit!! :)

Eh..I kinda exaggerated to add to the story!!

I was with 3 people over 60yrs and it was a very hot day.

Anyway just trying to give advice to people who maybe don't run and might be slightly unfit.. I personally thought it was too long a walk in blistering sun.

Looking forward to Bloom 2009 and thanks for advice about tickets!

I've 12 tickets to give away, pm me an address, I'll distribute in 2's and/or 4's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've 12 tickets to give away, pm me an address, I'll distribute in 2's and/or 4's.

Jebus, that's so tempting.
    But I actually have banned myself from all garden centres and garden related things. It is just not possible for me to go to any of those places and not spend a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Hi I have sent you a PM, thanks a million.

Also can some one tell me how much the car park is?

B1gft wrote: »
    Hi I have sent you a PM, thanks a million.

Also can some one tell me how much the car park is?

Sorry but I have no idea what the car park charges are. Have you checked event website or the organisers?

Sorry but all tickets have been allocated. I was amazed to receive so many pms without addresses. Guess it's like people not being present to take the call to win a free prize.

Anyways if I come across any more I'll put them up.

Unlike some Mickey Mouse competition currently running for 2 Bloom tickets, it's no big deal, if I have any spares I'll put them up on my blog next Monday.

Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

Any more tickets going spare?

I would appreciate taking any freebies going around

Thanks in advance

Bob

As a matter of interest, where were all the jobs for Bloom workers advertised? I remember thinking last year that I would love to work there for the few days. I never saw even ONE job advertised. :confused:

Carpark 5.00 euro. Admission 20 adult,child up to 15 free.Tea 2.50. Ice cream 99, 2.30. 3 graniums 10.00 euro. Ham and egg sambos free(made at home). 99% staff non Irish,why? Food on sale way overpriced. Less showgardens. Went in at 11.00 left at 3.30. Not as good as previous years. But.....the weather was lovely..........and free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Have to say last year i found this a total rip off and a real let down when i got in. While the garden shows were ok, the price of food in there was crazy and then you had to pay for car parking also.

I agree. I went to the one in st Annes park few weeks ago and that was Free.

The office of Public works is organising something on sunday 16th august in Farmleigh phoenix park Dublin 15
    10:00am to 5:30pm large selection of Nurseries will be there.
    Gerry Daly will be guest speaker at 2pm and 4pm
    Gerry will talk on setting up an allotment and growing your own fruit and veg.
    Artisan Food Market.

as far as I know admission is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Is there anything to stop me parking on the main road thru the park, close to the bloom event, rather than using the bloom car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

TV3 have a program on at 4pm this afternoon "Bloom in the Park"
    Might be a good insight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Rang the customer care line to enquire about ticket price for Friday and no answer, rang ticketline to find out price for Friday as there is no information on the website as to how much it is going to cost. Went to boards.ie and found out in 2 minutes, does that tell you something about Bloom? (thanks gollyitsollly)

No I know why they dont advertise the price, bloody rip-off.

k123456 wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop me parking on the main road thru the park, close to the bloom event, rather than using the bloom car park
    Nope, lots of people did that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I was there today working at one of the stands, won't be back tomorrow, I have a pass that can get someone in for free and a car park pass. Must be able to collect soon in dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

Hey arse biscuits,
    I'd love to take the ticket off you, I can pick up
    I'll PM you now

Gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 macallj

Would appreciate 2 tickets to Bloom festival this weekend.
    Thank you Jaq

I was there today working at one of the stands, won't be back tomorrow, I have a pass that can get someone in for free and a car park pass. Must be able to collect soon in dublin 8.
    Why are you not going back tomorrow?

Carpark 5.00 euro. Admission 20 adult,child up to 15 free.Tea 2.50. Ice cream 99, 2.30. 3 graniums 10.00 euro. Ham and egg sambos free(made at home). 99% staff non Irish,why? Food on sale way overpriced. Less showgardens. Went in at 11.00 left at 3.30. Not as good as previous years. But.....the weather was lovely..........and free!

Your view seems sniping and petty. You fail to mention anything about the huge nr of exhibition stands throughout the area and to compare an event like Bloom to other freebie events is nonsense. I'm not working for or have any association with event organisers. But it is obvious to any reasonable observer that improvements incl logistics, value and diversity of product (plant etc on dispaly has improved). Many things are free incl car park and under 15's. Discounted tickets were available for € 18.00 or less.

Your comment on non Irish staff puzzles me? Most of the people working (Support and exhibitors) at Bloom are Irish, but that's neither here nor there.

Perhaps you would prefer some half ass freebie show and do us all a favour and stop knocking an event which is developing but impressive. The vast majority of people IMO are very staisfied and ticket sales are well ahead of previous years. I did meet the occasional asshole who believes any price is too much. But IMO the only thing free is weather and nonsense talk and it is difficult to do much about either except ignore.

Why are you not going back tomorrow?

Because I'm going to be drinking like a lunatic.
    Did you ever see a lunatic drinking? Thats me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Because I'm going to be drinking like a lunatic.
    Did you ever see a lunatic drinking? Thats me tomorrow.

No that'll be me. :D

I'll be going on either Sunday or Monday. Really looking forward to it to get some ideas for a complete revamp of my back garden - and I mean complete. I'll be chopping down hedges, burning shed and rotavating the lawn - ground up revamp. Plus I owe someone a cold Coke at stand 36 :D

Advertisement