Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare Abuse Inquiry Results

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Nodin wrote: »
    Thats due to a court case brought by the 'Christian' Brothers in 2004. Neither living or dead members could be named as a result.

On what grounds could a judge possibly have agreed to that?

The fact that the Christian Brothers are still going to such lengths to protect their members from justice, shows that have no remorse for the suffering they inflicted on innocent children.

The Christian Brothers should be classed as an enemy of the state and their members should be expelled from the country. Their lands should also be seized and the proceeds should be used to improve the education services.

The sheer brutality of their actions shows that the majority of their members are sub-human and are not men of god. They abused the solemn trust that was placed in them for their own sick desires. The abuse of their position was so bad that, not only should they be expelled from the country, the Pope should be petitioned to excommunicate the members that were guilty of the worst abuse and it these "people" are dead, they should be dug-up and buried in unconsecrated ground.

Many people will sat that a lot of them are old men now and that it all happened a long time ago and that they should be forgiven for theirs sins, however, where was that forgiveness when they were beating the s**t out of an innocent child?

Thankfully, I did not goto a Christian Brothers school, however, there was one up the road from me and lot of my neighbours went to it for primary school.

The civil servants that ignored the pleas of the children and who, in effect, encouraged the torture and rape of Irish citizens are just as guilty as the church and if they are still alive, they should be stripped of all their pension entitlements as they failed in their duty as the servants of the citizens of this country.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jahalpin wrote: »
    The fact that the Christian Brothers are still going to such lengths to protect their members from justice, shows that have no remorse for the suffering they inflicted on innocent children.
    I wouldn't say that its all of the Christian Brothers - just those in charge!
    The Christian Brothers should be classed as an enemy of the state and their members should be expelled from the country. Their lands should also be seized and the proceeds should be used to improve the education services.
    All of them? Even those who have done nothing wrong?
    Thankfully, I did not goto a Christian Brothers school, however, there was one up the road from me and lot of my neighbours went to it for primary school.
    ...and were they abused?
    I went to one (during the 80s). I did get a few slaps but mainly (in all honesty) because I was acting the prick and it was all dished out by lay teachers not the brothers! None of it was harmful. Also, I said nothing when I got home because had I done, I would have been asked what I was doing to cause the slaps.
    The civil servants that ignored the pleas of the children and who, in effect, encouraged the torture and rape of Irish citizens are just as guilty as the church and if they are still alive, they should be stripped of all their pension entitlements as they failed in their duty as the servants of the citizens of this country.
    This is impossible to prove. There would be no evidence that they were told!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xxmarymoxx

yes i agree totallly every civil servant that was involved in sending the kids and sitting back on der asses doing nothing should be named and shamed also and procecuted along with the pervert nuns and priests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭netron

kbannon wrote: »
    All of them? Even those who have done nothing wrong?

I am getting sick and tired of these sort of mealy mouth apologies for an organisation that tortured and abused thousands of children over decades

Enough.. it needs to be banned and the f**kers kicked out of the country.

ENOUGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Thats the same with the CS -they wont acknowledge that they were at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

CDfm wrote: »
    I already have.

Dishonesty on a thread where one can look up the answer is rather pointless.
    jahalpin wrote:
    On what grounds could a judge possibly have agreed to that?

Well, it was more of a series of court cases. They were going to take it to the supreme court when the commission said that it wouldn't name them. They then dropped the action.
    jahalpin wrote:
    The civil servants that ignored the pleas of the children and who, in effect, encouraged the torture and rape of Irish citizens are just as guilty as the church and if they are still alive, they should be stripped of all their pension entitlements as they failed in their duty as the servants of the citizens of this country. ?

Such as did so should be publically dealt with in some fashion, yes. Named and shamed at the very least.
    CDfm wrote: »
    Thats the same with the CS -they wont acknowledge that they were at fault. .

Really? You've a link to some statement to that effect~?

When you have a cultural attitude which you appear to have in the CS of avoiding responsibility it needs to be questioned and challenged.

The answers given by civil servants are unbelieveable.

It wasnt societies failure as we didnt know and our parents and grandparents didnt know.

The secrecy is to cover up their failures and not ours.It wasnt a state secret and the problem is that they knew and did nothing when it should have been their top priority.

We should be questioning the power of the public service to get away with this because we dont want a repeat.

Take the banking failures -they were there to regulate to prevent a failure. AIB nearly fialed due to an insurance subsidiary in 1985 - thats not a 100 years ago.

So the culture is cover up and its endemic.

xxmarymoxx wrote: »
    yes i agree totallly every civil servant that was involved in sending the kids and sitting back on der asses doing nothing should be named and shamed also and procecuted along with the pervert nuns and priests.

Now your talking.Anyone who says its about politics and society is talking crap. They were accessories.

I think it was in Wales that some politicians and civil servants were actual abusers who visited institutions. I am not saying thats the case here but the truth is not out there.

Advertisement