Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown and ECW Spoilers...

• 20-05-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Smackdown spoilers. Umanga speaks and three more rematches at Extreme Rules....

WWE is taping this week's edition of SmackDown at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Special thanks to Wrestling News World readers Mike T, Kevin Dern, John Hatfiels, RJ Rothell, and Josh Northcutt for sending text-message updates. If you are attending a future WWE television taping and would be interested in sending us live text-message updates, please email your name, mobile number, and show date to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com. Thanks for your support!

* A WrestleMania video package is shown.

Dark Match
    * Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
    - Sheamus drew a lot of heel heat. Crowd was behind Jimmy Wang Yang.

SmackDown (Airing Friday)
    * A recap of Judgment Day is shown. The opening pyro hits.

* Edge is out first. He cuts a promo saying that there is no more debate, he is the face of SmackDown. He criticizes Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, & CM Punk for their loses at Judgment Day. The fans are cheering hard for Hardy to come out. Teddy Long comes out to the ring. He announces that Edge will take on Jeff Hardy in a rematch at Extreme Rules. Jeff Hardy comes out to the ring. He asks the crowd want to see that match tonight. Jeff will take on Edge tonight and the winner will pick the stipulation for their match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz cuts a heel promo dogging Cincinnati for their sports teams.

* Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & Ricky Ortiz b. Cryme Tyme & John Morrison
    - The World's Greatest Tag Team start the match off working on JTG's shoulder. JTG finally tags out to Morrison. Everyone gets in the ring and begins fighting. The referee separates everyone and Morrison hits Starship Pain on Charlie Haas for the win.

* Melina is backstage with Josh Mathews. She talks about the number one contender match between Michelle McCool and Gail Kim. She says she ran through Raw and now it's time to see what SmackDown has. Alicia Fox comes in and says that McCool says to warm the titel up for her. Melina smacks her.

* Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox b. Gail Kim
    - Quick match. Fox tries to get involved but Gail hits her face on the ring post. McCool connects with a Styles Clash for the win.

* Rey Mysterio is interviewed backstage. He says that he's moving on from Jericho to give some of the young guys a chance. He wants to bring back some honor to the title. He then talks about past Intercontinental Champions, wanting to become the greatest, the history of the mask, and more.

* CM Punk b. Chris Jericho
    - Before Punk comes out, a recap from WWE Superstars is shown. Jericho plays the crowd up and takes control of the match. Jericho & Punk continue to go back and forth both connecting with their finishers. Umaga comes out of the crowd and attacks CM Punk. He gets on the mic (yes,in English) and challenges Punk to a "Samoan Strap" match at Extreme Rules.

* Ricky Ortiz & Maria are shown backstage talking. He says he is going to rally up. Jeff Hardy walks by and Maria ditches Ortiz. She tells him he did a good job at Judgment Day. They then talk about Extreme Rules. Hardy leaves and Ortiz tells Maria she is looking for love in all the wrong places. He tells her to "keep your head up and rally up" then gives her his rally towel.

* A SmackDown rewind of the Dolph Ziggler/Great Khali feud is shown.

* A SmackDown rewind of the Dolph Ziggler/Great Khali feud is shown.

* Dolph Ziggler b. R-Truth
    - Ziggler gets the win with his finisher after R-Truth dominates the majority of the match. After the match Khali comes out and chases Dolph back into the ring where Truth hits him with a spinning elbow.

* A replay of the Eve & Layla feud is shown. Eve vs. Layla is announced for next week.

* Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio in a No Holds Barred match is announced for Extreme Rules.

* Jeff Hardy b. Edge
    - Jeff Hardy comes out to a huge pop. Edge dominates early on and draws a ton of heat. Hardy is down on the outside. The crowd is trying to "bring him back" but Edge does the duty instead. Hardy gains control and hits Whisper in the Wind for a two-count. Jeff Hardy then misses two Twist of Fates but eventually hits a third for the win via pinfall.

Todd Grisham asks Hardy what the stipulation at Extreme Rules will be and he says a "Ladder Match." This ends this week's SmackDown.
    ECW....
    WWE is taping this week's edition of ECW at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Special thanks to Wrestling News World readers Mike T, Kevin Dern, John Hatfiels, RJ Rothell, and Josh Northcutt for sending text-message updates. If you are attending a future WWE television taping and would be interested in sending us live text-message updates, please email your name, mobile number, and show date to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com. Thanks for your support!

* A WrestleMania video package is shown.

Dark Match
    * Sheamus b. Jimmy Wang Yang
    - Sheamus drew a lot of heel heat. Crowd was behind Jimmy Wang Yang.

ECW On Sci-Fi (Airing Tonight)
    * Josh Mathews & Matt Striker come out to ringside.

* Jack Swagger opens ECW in the ring with a chair and a microphone. He says he's not leaving until Tiffany comes out and gives him his title back. He says she's only temporary and he'll be around a lot longer than she will be. Tiffany tells him to get out of the ring and meet her in her office. She apologizes and introduces Christian for the first match. Swagger pushes him off the ramp on his way to the ring.

* Christian b. Paul Burchill w/Katie Lea
    - Burchill starts the match working on Christian's leg. Christian kicks him off the top rope and throws him into the stairs. Single leg Boston Crab. The crowd is behind Christian. Christian gets the win via pinfall after connecting with the Unprettier. After the match Josh Mathews interviews Christian who challenges Tommy Dreamer to a title match at Extreme Rules.

* Tiffany & Jack Swagger are shown backstage. Tiffany tells Swagger he can have the night off.

* Zack Ryder b. Local OVW Jobber Adam Green in a squash match.

* A video from last week is shown where DH Smith, Tyson Kidd, & Natalya attack Finlay. After the video they cut a promo. Smith says he's better than Bulldog ever was.

* Vladimir Kozlov cuts his normal promo at the top of the ramp following a video clip of last week's squash in WWE rewind.

* Gregory Helms announces that Christian will take on Tommy Dreamer on this week's WWE Superstars.

* DH Smith w/Tyson Kidd, & Natalya b. Finlay
    - DH Smith comes out to the ring first with a new version of the old Hart Foundation music. Finlay comes out next. The match starts off slow. Lots of submission holds. Smith hits Finlay with Natalya's shoe and follows with a back drop while Kidd distracts the referee. He gets the win via pinfall. This ends this week's ECW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So,

Are they going to with this programme and have SOS somehow integrated in the hart foundation or will they(Raw
    have him as TBK partner after he goes through a few useless jobbers and then finds seamus and wins the belts?
    )

I think the latter option could probably be more straight forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Both shows look good this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Zack Ryder should become the company's No.1 heel. "Wu Wu Wu" is the most annoying thing I've ever heard, it makes me want to crawl through my screen and punch him in the nose. And I haven't felt like that since the days of the Honky Tonk Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Zack Ryder should become the company's No.1 heel....

...you KNOW it!!

:p (sorry couldnt help myself!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Finally Dreamer is getting an ECW title shot

Again i'd prefer to see Jericho/Edge feuding for the title on SD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz wrote: »
    Finally Dreamer is getting an ECW title shot

Wonder what are the chances of him winning that one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It looks like wwe stole my storyline for Edge/Hardy off my boards.ie evaluation. Having a match and the winner chooses the the stipulation and its a ladder match :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Couldn't help but look this week. Temptation 1 - 1 DM-ICE

Whats the story eith the tag match? I'm confused
    Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & Ricky Ortiz b. Cryme Tyme & John Morrison
    - The World's Greatest Tag Team start the match off working on JTG's shoulder. JTG finally tags out to Morrison. Everyone gets in the ring and begins fighting. The referee separates everyone and Morrison hits Starship Pain on Charlie Haas for the win.

Looking forward to the shows this week. Will be checking out superstars online to see what happened between jericho and punk.

Umaga punk strap match sounds weak. Have they run out of gimmick matches already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Couldn't help but look this week. Temptation 1 - 1 DM-ICE

Whats the story eith the tag match? I'm confused
    Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & Ricky Ortiz b. Cryme Tyme & John Morrison

Yeah that was confusing so I looked it up...
    PW Insider
    SMACKDOWN TAPING

6: WGTT & Ortiz vs. Morrison & Cryme Tyme: Morrison definitely had a good face pop, but it paled next to Cryme Tyme's. TWGTT worked their asses off, and Ortiz just did not fit in. TWGTT had heel heat, and Morrison/Cryme Tyme had face pops, but when Ortiz was in, nobody cared. Morrison seems uncomfortable as a face, but the crowd accepted him in the role. Morrison pinned Haas.

Whathisface has 3000 new face book requests since cutting his hair. We need the bet 2009 reopened to discuss his awesomness:p

Without taking the piss (For once) I just watched Ryders ecw match and the new finisher is pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Whathisface has 3000 new face book requests since cutting his hair. We need the bet 2009 reopened to discuss his awesomness:p

Without taking the piss (For once) I just watched Ryders ecw match and the new finisher is pretty cool.

Its Zack Ryder and you know it!!

I'm surprised, when Umaga speaks perfect english it sounds okay. I expected it to sound horrible. I don't know where they are going with the punk umaga feud but they are both going to have big parts to play on smackdown over the next few months.

Really enjoying smackdown again this week. It is consistantly good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm surprised, when Umaga speaks perfect english it sounds okay. I expected it to sound horrible. I don't know where they are going with the punk umaga feud but they are both going to have big parts to play on smackdown over the next few months.

Really enjoyed smackdown again this week. It is consistantly good.

you do know he used to be Jamal in 3 minute warning dont you?

you do know he used to be Jamal in 3 minute warning dont you?

What!:eek:

Ah no i knew.

I just expected them to make him speak really bad american english.

Advertisement