Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storing race/track bikes

• 20-05-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

A quick question. I'm getting a track bike soon and i live in an estate with no shed out back. What is the best way of storing a track bike? A few suggestions please? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm in the same situation as yourself. Luckily enough I have a friend who has a huge garage and he stores it for me. Otherwise I'd be fooked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Get a front and rear stand that take the weight off the tyres and suspension while its stored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

I'm in the same situation as yourself. Luckily enough I have a friend who has a huge garage and he stores it for me. Otherwise I'd be fooked!

Tis a mind bogiler alright. Might try and make up some sort of crate, which keeps it inside and i can lock..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

A rectangular steel oil tank with a few mods might be the job . Probably pick one up for free.
    Try putting somehing in www.adverts.ie

Bit small but :
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/38/37645838.html

Idea ( see attachment )

Steamclean it out first a few times ( so it doesn't explode ) ,
    cut it around the base
    make up a strong hinge for the front ( green mess)
    get two of those little gas rams to help you lift it open ( blue lines )
    make a bar to lock it open so it won't fall on you or the bike if a ram fails.(red bit)
    Bolt the base down to the ground.

The gas rams as used on back doors of vans etc might do, put them on the inside to keep it tidy.
    You'll need to reinforce around the area where the rams attach to the tank , good bit of force involved

You'll need to cover the inside with felt/insulation or something or it'll drip rusty water on your bike.

WARNING : don't drill/cut or weld the rams , will end in injury -they are filled with pressurised gas.

Advertisement