Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Town Council, Im raging!!

• 20-05-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

I received a registered letter fron ETC yesterday stating that if I do not remove 'nuisance waste' from my back garden they will summons me to court in seven days!
    The nusiance waste is roof tiles, floor tiles (my ensuite leaked), cistern from unsuite, 2 tyres, and grass cuttings.

A fella did a trip to Inagh a few weeks ago with a trailer load as i had renovations done too, but got rid of the timber etc then. The trailer is outside my house to be filled again since sun night.

WTF surely am i not allowed to leave stuff like that out my back as long as its not household rubbish and causing rats etc.?

Rang the council, bascially the health officer Bre**den M**tell sent them a letter after seeing the 'nuisance waste' and asked them to follow up with me. The waste cannot be seen from the front of my house, so i asked if this guy had any right to come on my property and snoop in my back garden and he absolutey does not!

Im so pissed off, last year i left my car outside my mothers while i went on hols for a week. Came back from hols to a letter saying i had abandoned my car and they were going to remove it and i would incur costs!

what a joke, where i live there was 3 burnt out cars left for months and not removed, i have a van beside me which is there 6 months and grass growing around its tyres and still not removed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Give it time and we will be fined for having the wrong coloured bin left out on the wrong date :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

In a strange coincidence a very similar thing happened to my parents today, same people involved. In our case, it was a neighbour's complaint which caused the inspection - possibly same in yours?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Busy good for nothings that think that just cause they are on the "Residents Committee" they have the right to report whatever they want. I would ask them what crime they are going to summon's you under and how they know it's nuisence waste if they haven't investigated it. Either that or I'd tell them that you are working on an art project. I'd make sure to make my backyard complete tip if I got something like that in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I once reported a guy for shoveling sh*t from his Alsation guard dog over the wall into the common lane. With in days the problem was stopped and cleaned up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I once reported a guy for shoveling sh*t from his Alsation guard dog over the wall into the common lane. With in days the problem was stopped and cleaned up :)

Grass !!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Give it time and we will be fined for having the wrong coloured bin left out on the wrong date :p

We will if you report us like u did above to the S**T Shoveller!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't forget the biggest treat to mankind, parking on footpath, apparantly millions of people have died because people have parked outside their own house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Clareman wrote: »
    Don't forget the biggest treat to mankind, parking on footpath, apparantly millions of people have died because people have parked outside their own house

I think that one makes sense, as long as its a normal footpath. If it has a grass verge and you are not actually on the path then it "should" be ignored.

The point is, if you park on a path you can block access for pedestrians. The biggest concern is mothers with wide double or tripple strollers. If they can not get past the car then they have to move on to the road.

better not open this can of worms :)

I would agree with you in busy areas or known walking routes, but in housing estates where there are 2 footpaths and the local busy body who's on the residents committee decides that she can't cross the road so she sends a strongly worded letter condeming people for having more visitors, that's what I've a problem with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Came home from town last week and found the above mentioned Health officer snooping around. Told him to get off my property, that he had no right to be there. So waiting now to see what happens!!!!!

• Advertisement

If I found someone in my backyard I wouldn't let them leave and call the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

maiden wrote: »
    Came home from town last week and found the above mentioned Health officer snooping around. Told him to get off my property, that he had no right to be there. So waiting now to see what happens!!!!!

The plot thickens! Correct me if I'm wrong Maiden, but haven't you mentioned in other threads that you are on the Residents' Committee? Surely, as such, your committee should have built up some sort of rapport with Ennis Town Council and it would be alert to a possible 'revenge' aspect to any complaints about you and act accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Unfortunately, our residents committee has now disbanded, due to us beating our heads against brick walls time and time again. Got no where with guards, town council, hse etc!
    An awful pity as things in the esatate are heating up, mainly due to traveller feud. Cars burnt out, house windows being smashed etc. approx 9 vans outside one house constantly (Clareman should i ring the guards about them parking on the paths as only one space allocated to house LOL). I dont live in a council estate, but was in one the night before last and witnessed the limerick guy everyone is talking about chasing 4 fellas with a meat cleaver.

Anyway, i got a side wall built this week to keep the kids in and any snoopers out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

A lot of people in Ennis are living in real fear. At most, how many criminals are involved? Anybody know? The reporting of it in both newspapers is very hands off. Am sick to the teeth of the court reports being graced with photos of posing solicitors and walking judges. And then there's Clare FM and the endless fecking stories about litter at picnic sites in Lahinch and dogs on the bloody beach while swathes of Ennis are living with fast increasing violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Have they nothing better to be doing? I emailed them awhile back about ileagel dumping in a derilict site and it aint cleared up. What about the mess the travellers leave in they wake? Not a word said to them and they move on and make another mess somewhere else.

Advertisement