Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Charlesland Shopping Centre (Superquinn) to be opened?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 10:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

Heard a rumour that the licence for the premises that is going to be a pub above superquinn in charlesland was about to cease and for it not to be revoked they gave the lease out for a small price to some publican??? Is it going to be opening soon? Has anyone seen any sign of life in the place? It would be great if it did open - maybe this pub if its not run by the Byrne family like the beach house and the burnaby, then maybe it has a chance of having some atmosphere....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This rumour has been doing the rounds since 2004 and it's never come to anything.

The "To Let" signs are still up, so I would have thought if the lease was taken they'd have made a big deal of changing those!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It wouldn't have had a license to start with - it just had planning permission to be a pub\restaurant. Anyone taking the lease would've had to source their own license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

loyatemu wrote: »
    It wouldn't have had a license to start with - it just had planning permission to be a pub\restaurant. Anyone taking the lease would've had to source their own license.

So why are there big signs on the windows that say LICENSED premises to let?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

And I get soooo excited when I see threads like these - but alas, still nothing happening...the last thread was here. Anyway, back in january it was rumoured to be opening in Spring, and the last time I checked, it's now Summer! No activity in the place when I last walked past over the weekend. :(

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

astrofluff wrote: »
    And I get soooo excited when I see threads like these - but alas, still nothing happening...the last thread was here. Anyway, back in january it was rumoured to be opening in Spring, and the last time I checked, it's now Summer! No activity in the place when I last walked past over the weekend. :(

And what a great start to it we are having :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

RosieJoe wrote: »
    And what a great start to it we are having :D

Summer starts this year on June 20th over the northern hemisphere. still time to open lol

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

CBRE still have it on their site as available.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Until the To Let sign is gone and Builders are going in fitting it out as a Pub its not opening as one people & i doubt it ever will especially in the current economic climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

mcgiggy wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that the licence for the premises that is going to be a pub above superquinn in charlesland was about to cease and for it not to be revoked they gave the lease out for a small price to some publican??? Is it going to be opening soon? Has anyone seen any sign of life in the place? It would be great if it did open - maybe this pub if its not run by the Byrne family like the beach house and the burnaby, then maybe it has a chance of having some atmosphere....

Overheard a bloke saying it was opening when in the Carriag. Then heard from the barman in the Woodlands that his boss had got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

He said, she said she sells sea shells on the sea shore etc,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

wicklowdub wrote: »
    He said, she said she sells sea shells on the sea shore etc,

I wondered lonely as a cloud,
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    when all at once i saw.....a PUB.......

Alas, I can only dream about the excuse I would have to make up for taking 3 hours to go shopping for a pint of milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

GingerDave wrote: »
    Alas, I can only dream about the excuse I would have to make up for taking 3 hours to go shopping for a pint of milk.

How about there was no staff on the tills and the self service tills were broken! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

It is the guy that owns the woodlands and apparently the first floor bit is all the pub is going to be in but the roof/floor needs to be to adjusted before he can open.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    It is the guy that owns the woodlands and apparently the first floor bit is all the pub is going to be in but the roof/floor needs to be to adjusted before he can open.........

If this happens......Can you get him to call the new pub "The Office".

"Sorry luv, I'm a bit delayed at the office. Be back as soon as I can"

No excuses neeeded......Perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I thought the woodlands was up for sale??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Saw some activity there this morning doors open and builder looking fella talking to a short lad in a suit.....interesting stuff!!

Saw some activity there this morning doors open and builder looking fella talking to a short lad in a suit.....interesting stuff!!

But was he carrying kegs!? :D

The first person to get me a photo of 'some activity' in this place can have a pint on me when it opens...but for now, I still don't believe you!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Any more update on this ?
    Someone nice to have a pint would be FAB

I also heard it was the guys from Woodlands

Merrilady wrote: »
    Any more update on this ?
    Someone nice to have a pint would be FAB

I also heard it was the guys from Woodlands

Either they've got slugs working as builders or ive been a victim of the rumour mill! There's no working going on in there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

And the "To Let" signs are still there....

Maybe they're going to call it "Tumbleweed"?

Maybe they're going to call it "Tumbleweed"?

Fantastic name. Anyone interested in a pint at The Tumbleweed? I hear there's a cactus in the beer garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Just make sure to turn the heating up and run a couple of de-humidifiers with a load of sand on the floor and you have your theme for the pub so... :)

Yeah guys it looks like there is nothing happening there at all - that builder i saw must have just been looking around the place. Damn it. Why doesnt greystones have a decent lively boozer!!! We need something like the Martello in Bray.

Yeah guys it looks like there is nothing happening there at all - that builder i saw must have just been looking around the place. Damn it. Why doesnt greystones have a decent lively boozer!!! We need something like the Martello in Bray.

I heard the Martello lost its late licence due to a police raid on Wednesday.

It lost its late licence for 2 nights tuesday and wednesday of last week, due to a police raid on the monday night. apparently they had no late night exemption for last week. It is back to normal now open till 2.30, 7 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

..vaguely remember a conversation with an electrician las w'kend who said he was fitting the place out...and then noticed the "to let " signs were down...things maybe lookin up ;):)

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ..vaguely remember a conversation with an electrician las w'kend who said he was fitting the place out...and then noticed the "to let " signs were down...things maybe lookin up ;):)

Its going to be open by November apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Nov what year??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Whats it going be? Bit big for just a pub, isnt it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement