Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Charlesland Shopping Centre (Superquinn) to be opened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

November?? Thats only 3 months away... My bank manager will not be impressed if a pub opens in Charlesland :)

I really hope it happens.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

foxy06 wrote: »
    Nov what year??

2019 (teehee)

One of the cab drivers told me he had a fella in his cab who said the owner of the building had to reduce the rent a lot so the Woodlands guy had defo taken it and it would be open by Nov.

We'll have to wait and see cos there's been a lot of speculation over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hmmmmmmm lets wait and see will we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

astrofluff wrote: »
    The first person to get me a photo of 'some activity' in this place can have a pint on me when it opens...but for now, I still don't believe you!

Decided I better quote you on this in case your posting mysteriously disappears if the boozer actually opens.
    Oh! and thanks in advance Astro....nothing better than a free beer.
    Now watch for the activity photos to appear:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

The Yipper wrote: »
    Decided I better quote you on this in case your posting mysteriously disappears if the boozer actually opens.

What about me taking a photo of you outside "the pub" doing some sort of activity and it would be sorted? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Hmmmm!
    two people meeting in a carpark outside a dis-used building??
    Didn't george michael get arrested for something like that.....but ok...sounds fine to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The Yipper wrote: »

Can't find a delete button for that post - damn...I await the winning photograph so!

Just one thing, you'd better be quick, cause I might get a photo up first! yeah, buy myself a pint... :p

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

You'll be in trouble if this pub opens! I think I was promised a pint after a bet you made went wrong with the pipe in my garden fiasco :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ah here, I might as well jump on the bandwagon too... Astro, I think it's your round!

I thought you would say something alright Mullie! Damn again.

Yeah yeah, I'll get the first round in so (but only for us four!)

Please lock this thread before someone else reminds me I promised them a pint!!!

• Advertisement

Better get your wallet out Astro... spoke to guvnor of Woodlands yesterday and he said it all starts next week, hes got the keys, and will be open in November. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Time to start saving so... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

just in time for Xmas! Very dangerous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i saw a plank of wood outside there today. What can this mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

dr ro wrote: »
    i saw a plank of wood outside there today. What can this mean?

Well if I had known Pat Kenny was around I would have been out with my autograph book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Please lock this thread before someone else reminds me I promised them a pint!!!

Yes I will be expecting one too Astro. Maybe us locals should call it the Astro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

and I hope the door policy has a League of Gentleman "we don't like the villagers around here" vibe.

Bold :D;)

MrsA wrote: »
    Well if I had known Pat Kenny was around I would have been out with my autograph book :D
    very funny...was it a photo opportunity?!

To whom it may concern: I only have obligations to buy Mullie a pint and the other FIRST person who posts a photo of the activity up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

astrofluff wrote: »
    very funny...was it a photo opportunity?!

To whom it may concern: I only have obligations to buy Mullie a pint and the other FIRST person who posts a photo of the activity up here.
    And me.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i wonder will the management be more interested in creating a local pub that residents enjoy and use regularly or the type of pub that doesn't have locals because it lets in any auld skag bag and drifty and comes with it's own garda car and ambulance. Could go either way. Fingers crossed they know what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Perhaps you could get people to bring along a utility bill with some photo id.......... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

... type of pub that doesn't have locals because it lets in any auld skag bag and drifty and comes with it's own garda car and ambulance. Could go either way. Fingers crossed they know what they're doing.

....what a ridiculous comment .....lads its a pub their opening, not a private members club.Theres enough pretentious establishments around the place without another one popping up...get a grip.

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ....what a ridiculous comment .....lads its a pub their opening, not a private members club.Theres enough pretentious establishments around the place without another one popping up...get a grip.

Its going to be a sports bar apparently.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Its going to be a sports bar apparently.

I also heard this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

slickmcvic wrote: »
    Wonder which one you mean ? !!! Wouldn't be a place that had two teles out of the three showing the Magners Leinster match during the build up to the Ireland game the other night now, would it ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

i wonder will the management be more interested in creating a local pub that residents enjoy and use regularly or the type of pub that doesn't have locals because it lets in any auld skag bag and drifty and comes with it's own garda car and ambulance. Could go either way. Fingers crossed they know what they're doing.
    i have toi agree wuith this. hopefully at last a pub in the area where you don't have to put up with the usual drunken fools spouting on about all and sundry whichthey normally don't have a clue what they are talking about and which the rest of us dont want to isten to.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

All I can say is good luck to the new owners of this pub. They are going to need it. I'll bet that the local do gooders will be complaining every time there is loud music playing or cars being revved up by the spoiler boys when they leave the pub.
    BTW, we need a pub in the immediate area that we can stagger home from, I just hope the trade is there for them. I am looking forward to it opening

All I can say is good luck to the new owners of this pub. They are going to need it. I'll bet that the local do gooders will be complaining every time there is loud music playing or cars being revved up by the spoiler boys when they leave the pub.
    BTW, we need a pub in the immediate area that we can stagger home from, I just hope the trade is there for them. I am looking forward to it opening

Judging by the amount of people brought back to Charlesland from Greystones i think there is a v good market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

opening date is the end of november i believe, spotted some furnature down the back of it the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Greystones badly needs another decent bar besides Dann's. Seeing as people from the village saw Script / Woodlands Lodge as too far out of the way to frequent it's unlikely anyone will bother going as far as charlesland unless it's something special and I don't think a sports bar will cut it. Good food and decent live music on the other hand might.

It's questionable whether Charlesland residents alone can sustain a viable pub given the history of units opening down there so far.

Either way, I wish them luck and I certainly look forward to checking it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement