Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in Charlesland Shopping Centre (Superquinn) to be opened?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Opus_One

Surely not! You'd imagine nobody'd be shutting down a functioning pub (especially one that's not doing very well) for a complete re-fit and another name change, just before Christmas... Seems like madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Opus_One wrote: »
    Surely not! You'd imagine nobody'd be shutting down a functioning pub (especially one that's not doing very well) for a complete re-fit and another name change, just before Christmas... Seems like madness.

the owner of the former Script building, and the management of the (former) Woodlands Lodge are not the same people - Woodlands Lodge merely rented the building. Perhaps the "Greystones Inn" is a new venture in the same building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Noticed the new permanent sign that has gone up on the outside of the former Script building for "Greystones Inn". Anybody hear any word on an opening date? Surely it will have to be this side of Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Think this one should be put to bed. If anymore info becomes available we can start a new one. :)

Reopened. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Reopened. :)

Do you have some insider news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Pommiedude

The lease of the building in Charlesland has gone to the guys who had woodlands and they moved their stuff down their from Woodland also they have been out to auctions buying stuff which is also stored down in Charlesland building last I heard he was due to open just after xmas however my sources tell me there are issues and doesnt look like it will happen soon If I find out anything else will keep ya posted ......:)

I'll tell ya what I can when I know more...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

sounds like there is no signed lease!...speculation of course.

Which Xmas are you talking about?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I think the moderator can close this again... Greystones Inn is open and there is no way anything will open in Charlesland - The rents are disgusting and makes me sick!!

Such a shame but such is life:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

It seems the hold up is with the lease. The woodland boys only want to rent the downstairs however the lease is for the whole place, ground and first floor. Ulster bank, the landlord, have to create a new lease for ground floor only. So potentially a small local bar which would be quite cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ulster Bank own the property?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Ulster Bank own the property?!

I smell NAMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dedem

I think the old woodland owners opening the tapas bar in main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Don't speak too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

I think ulster bank were backing ZAPI so the lord only knows what sort of mess they are in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

dedem wrote: »
    I think the old woodland owners opening the tapas bar in main street.

Ooh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

GingerDave wrote: »
    If this happens......Can you get him to call the new pub "The Office".

"Sorry luv, I'm a bit delayed at the office. Be back as soon as I can"

No excuses neeeded......Perfect :D

Oldest joke in the book....a bit like the pub in Charlesland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Darth Rabbit

Can't believe its almost 10 years. Charlesland is fine, neighbors are super and place is always immaculate but had I known the pub would not have purchased. It has meant taxi charge out and back when I want to go out for a social beer ;(
    Should have known better ... location, location, location.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement