Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HULL CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED EPL (MATCH THREAD) 24/5/09, 16.00 Sky Sp 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

So no Rio? =/ If Fergie stick's to what he said he won't be playing in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was right about martin, good to see him starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A7X wrote: »
    So no Rio? =/ If Fergie stick's to what he said he won't be playing in the final.

I never really thought he was being serious on that to be honest. If there is any question mark over his fitness, i wouldn't have selected him to play Hull. I still reckon he will be starting the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Interesting line up. Not sure about the Utd back line at all but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

lol at Sky and their survival sunday gimmick.

De Laet is a really random selection. You get the feeling there will be a few of those players who will never play for Man Utd again..

anyone know of any streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

A7X wrote: »

From the BBC website:
    "We've picked a team with energy and they are good enough to win today, no doubts about that. Also, Rio Ferdinand is getting here, he should be absolutely fine for Wednesday."

Phew (edit: that's a quote from Fergie)

I'm actually looking forward to this match. No pressure, and it'll be interesting to see how the young 'uns get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would half expected Martin on the wing, but to be honest, Welbeck can play there too so i'm not too sure. Quite looking forward to this.

I get to watch United and keep track of the relegation battle. United Hull on one TV, Soccer Sunday on the other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Wanted to see Fabio and Tosic on the left. With Neville at CB we have the potential to lose to any team.

Hoping for Macheda to shine. Expecting Welbeck and Martin to swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

utd have every right to play whoever the f*** they like. the Premier League rule that 'you must play your best team' is ludicrous and not consistent with a modern context.

they've done their job for the season.

hull 1-2 utd anyway for me, so none of this will matter, let's hope, as i don't think i could stand reading more conspiracy theories and sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Barcelon's regular first eleven and subs. They rested six players who would be considered first team regulars. They played those who will be in contention for places and who will be on the bench. Thats a whole lot different to United putting out a team of players who have no chance of any involvement in the Champion's League final.

Valdes(rested)
    Alves(injured)
    Pique(rested)
    Abidal(played)
    Yaya Toure(rested)
    Xavi(rested)
    Iniesta(injured)
    Henry(injured)
    Messi(rested)
    Eto'o(played)
    Bojan(played)
    Marquez(injured)
    Puyol(rested)
    Sylvinho(played)
    Milito(injured)
    Gudjohnsen(played)
    Keita(played)
    Hleb(played)

Sounds like to me that Barca were making a mistake then.
    Or more accurately, they played Slyvinho because they need him to get match fit, they played Eto because they want to build up his confidence (he is a confidence striker).

Gudjohnson and Hleb have so little chance of starting the CL final, and more than likely won't get on the pitch. The only difference here is that we played Nani while they played Hleb, and they had an extra player who is top quality than we do :)

eagle eye wrote: »
    Barcelon's regular first eleven and subs. They rested six players who would be considered first team regulars. They played those who will be in contention for places and who will be on the bench. Thats a whole lot different to United putting out a team of players who have no chance of any involvement in the Champion's League final.

Valdes(rested)
    Alves(injured)
    Pique(rested)
    Abidal(played)
    Yaya Toure(rested)
    Xavi(rested)
    Iniesta(injured)
    Henry(injured)
    Messi(rested)
    Eto'o(played)
    Bojan(played)
    Marquez(injured)
    Puyol(rested)
    Sylvinho(played)
    Milito(injured)
    Gudjohnsen(played)
    Keita(played)
    Hleb(played)

what's your point?

utd have every right to do what they're doing. what barcelona did is meaningless. they had every right to rest as many players as they wanted; the fact they chose not to does not automatically take away utd's right to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Channel 6029 is great video quality on sopcast but is not in English or argentinian ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

eagle eye wrote: »
    Barcelon's regular first eleven and subs. They rested six players who would be considered first team regulars.

Huh? Who cares as they only played two players that will start on Wednesday. One due to the fact that he needs games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RasTa wrote: »
    Huh? Who cares as they only played two players that will start on Wednesday. One due to the fact that he needs games.
    People are calling me a hypocrite, and trying to say that Barca used the same attitude as United which is wrong. Thats my point. I'm finished with this argument, I've said my bit and my only reply was to prove that what others said about Barcelona last night was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Great quality stream for anybody who wants it and in English :D

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4998b1c672b4e

We're looking good in attack, and dodgy in defence. Gary Neville as centre back makes me nervous.

Gary getting caught out there at centre back..that kinda thing could happen all day with him there..

• Advertisement

Raf has been crap so far. Very disappointing. Kiko hasn't been impressing me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

GET IN GIBSON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Wowzers, what a strike from Gibson.

What a stunning strike. WOW. A fantastic strike from Gibbo.

Kiko going close just now too, couldn't get enough on it. Better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Darron Gibson.

Tick a boo son.

Wondergoal.
    Now c'mon Villa!!

• Advertisement

hilarious.

not even the least bit surprised.

My Veetle stream is a good 10 mins behind. What a goal by Gibson..

We should have had at least another by now.

Suicidal defending by Hull. I've never seen a team with so much belief lose it like this. Kinda sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cracker from Gibbo :)

• Advertisement

Just uploaded that, should be viewable in a couple of mins.

Grrr. Damn Crowd. Ever hear of spoilers? :D
    Mods have a word please.

This actually a really good match. Even Nani is playing quite well.

if hull go down, i lay the blame squared at phil 'mr i've been tango-ed' brown.

believing he's bigger than the club, lost the dressing room after that City defeat, and lost the plot with the Cesc 'Spitgate' scandal.

villa doing them a favour right now though.

Was just about to say it. Nani is well up for it and not playing too badly..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any decent streams folks? I hate being stuck reading the live text on BBC (which has improved)

Sully wrote: »
    Any decent streams folks? I hate being stuck reading the live text on BBC (which has improved)

I am on this

http://veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4a17aac34b439

Great quality but a good few minutes behind...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

D.S. wrote: »
    I am on this

http://veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4a17aac34b439

Great quality but a good few minutes behind...

Thanks. How many mins are we in, so I can see how far behind we are? (Half Time now, how long)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wow, brilliant goal!

Would love him to get more games for Ireland.

Holsten wrote: »
    Wow, brilliant goal!

he starts for us.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    if hull go down, i lay the blame squared at phil 'mr i've been tango-ed' brown.

believing he's bigger than the club, lost the dressing room after that City defeat, and lost the plot with the Cesc 'Spitgate' scandal.

villa doing them a favour right now though.
    Agreed. He deserves to go down for that despicable behaviour and he can take his ridiculous earpiece with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Nice to hear the Utd fans singing Fletcher's name.

Holsten wrote: »
    Wow, brilliant goal!

Have you been watching Ireland at all lately??? Trap loves him:pac:

It's great to see Possebon get on, after a tough year but a good year.

PHB wrote: »
    It's great to see Possebon get on, after a tough year but a good year.

is there another Possebon? He hasn't had a good year, he has been consistently poor for the reserves this year.

Selfish play from Wellback there.
    The sooner Kucszak is shown the door the better.

is there another Possebon? He hasn't had a good year, he has been consistently poor for the reserves this year.

He's made his breakthrough into the first team and done rather well in those games which is all that really matters. If not for his bad injury, he woulda played more this year I'd say.

Aidric wrote: »
    Selfish play from Wellback there.
    The sooner Kucszak is shown the door the better.

agreed on both counts. It was a fantastic run from Danny but he should have moved that ball on instead of shooting - we had two on one on the right. Disappointing from him.

PHB wrote: »
    He's made his breakthrough into the first team and done rather well in those games which is all that really matters. If not for his bad injury, he woulda played more this year I'd say.

he was only out for a few weeks or so with the injury, he has been playing regularly for the reserves for ages, and not impressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

So guys, whats the score atm?

Advertisement