Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint chipped off surfboard

Options
  • 20-05-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a practically new NSP funboard and I chipped a little bit of paint off the right rail this morning.
    How do I repair this? Just paint over it? It's not really a ding or a dent , just paint chipped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Just an update here,
    The epoxy underneath is sound. I have a small tear along the paint, nothing is damaged really.
    I'm really asking what kind of paint I should use to repair the board? should I have a coat of gloss on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Id like to know this too..
    I remember a conversation with someone who mentioned using car paint spray works okay, best bet is to try a little bit of what ever first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I wouldn't bother, it won't be so clean and shiny for long. Maybe a thin sheet of glue to keep it from peeling more.

But then that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I'd agree with Shane...

Just dob a lil bit of epoxy on it and sand down, but I wouldn't bother...

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, Yeah I just sanded it and threw on a bit of res on it. Couldn't be arsed painting it. Dents will be plentiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JeanOH

yup best bet is to always sand the area first. then a daub of epoxy, and again sand... job done...all these boards are finished in two pack car paint! not really the way to go if you're a surfer that gives a damn about the environment... check out the guys at shorebreak surfboards in kerry, and the resin systems they use...www.shorebreaksurfboards.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

2 years late there Jean :P

Advertisement