Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher / Sink etc.

Options
  • 20-05-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi

Was thinking of getting someone to take out a kitchen double press (under the sink & drainer) and the sink and replacing with a dishwasher & new sink. Any ideas how much this might cost and do I need a plumber (being watery) or a carpenter (being presses) or an electrician (to plug in the dishwasher). Am a tad confused.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Sand it all depends, For example I fit my own sink and had an electrician run the sockets. It just depends. The problem you need to resolve is when the trades need to start

First will be a carpenter/ kitchen fitter to mark out where the unit goes

second an electrician to move sockets

third a plumber to install conection for dishwasher and possibly move the sink pipes

then the carpenter comes back fits the unit

the sockets should have been done the first time so its just the plumber to final fix.

It really depends on what you or your partner can do themselves

Eg as a DIY I would

use pex to move the mains water

use an extension lead to move the sockets

and I would have a go fitting the unit myself

It all depends

Advertisement