Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoiler Thread !!!! June 6th Strikeforce

Options
  • 20-05-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Just though I'd let ye know, the Pitbull will be fighting on the Lawler Shields Strikeforce card on June 6th. His opponenet will be Brett Rogers. I'll be honest I've never heard of him. :rolleyes:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/arlovski-rogers-added-to-strikeforce-17545

So the Boxing rumours are still just rumours for now. Although the article mentions this could be regarded as the last of his 3 fight contract with affliction.

No unnesseary flying knees ya big eejit! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Brett was an Elite-XC heavyweight.Very heavy handed but hasnt really faced good competition. Arlovskis a massive step up for him.
    Arlovski fights smart - Easy win
    He fights stupid - I could see him getting KOd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Arlovski can box a bit and is all round a good MMA fighter but his chin means he'd never last in Boxing, and its what stops him been the no 1 heavyweight in MMA in my opinion.. His size and skills make him immense.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Always been a bigish fan of Arlovski's style but yes his chin does almost say break glass incase of emergency on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I can see why people say he has a glass jaw but I don't think it's as bad as some make out. He lasted more than two rounds with Rizzo who's probably regarded as one of the biggest punchers ever. The combo that took him out broke his nose.The fedor KO would have taken down a Bear. And the 3rd fight with Sylvia he went 5 rounds taking a lot of shots.

The 2nd Sylvia fight granted that was a weak shot that KO'd him. And yes I do remember Datsik. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

his nickname in the early days was "The candle", one blow and he was out:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Arlovski was on inside mma this week, well worth checking out especially when bas tells the story of why arlovski is not fighting overeem lol :D

To add this is looking to be a STACKED card indeed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

calex71 wrote: »
    Arlovski was on inside mma this week, well worth checking out especially when bas tells the story of why arlovski is not fighting overeem lol :D

To add this is looking to be a STACKED card indeed!!!!

Have you been watching Inside MMA online? If so any chance of a link. Since they took it off Sherdo I've been missing my fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

is there any satelite channel showing this, i need my mma fix

Bump as this is on tonight. excellent card again for strikeforce.
    And then tomorrow night the Brown and Faber rematch on wec . I'm really 50/50 on that one.

A good weekend for us by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Has been a great card so far, Lawler/Shields up now should be a great fight.
    Arlovski's chin no good, its a shame really:( has so much going for him. Diaz was really playing with Smith for most of the fight, has so much potential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fangs for the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Felt so bad for him after the fight, looked like he was going to cry

you said it there Rovert :(

one of my favorite fighters, i have had to accept has the same nick name as my favorite band
    glassjaw
    although those were some shots , maybe he could have recovered it WAS a fair and good stopage.

Only thing that will cheer me up now is Brown beating faber..... AGAIN tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Just got done watching this
    Nick Diaz is wierd and very disrespectful to his opponent
    Arlofski vs the fat clubber lang, wtf
    All in all i thought it was a poor show especially if they are trying to compete with the big boys, i mean Randleman vs Whitehead ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

whta time is wec on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Killme00 wrote: »
    Just got done watching this
    Nick Diaz is wierd and very disrespectful to his opponent
    Arlofski vs the fat clubber lang, wtf
    All in all i thought it was a poor show especially if they are trying to compete with the big boys, i mean Randleman vs Whitehead ffs

just watched this, thought it was brilliant, all enjoyable fights.

can anyone elaborate on what diaz was saying about smith's camp? does smith train with faber? was he calling them a pack of mercenaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

:( Not gonna defend him anymore. AA can't take a punch. Will never make it in Boxing as it's not somethin you can teach. Well, thanks for the memories. You've put on some entertaining fights, win or lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Have amended the title so no need for spoiler tags.

I thought this was the best event I have seen in the last couple of months. The Whitehead Randleman fight wasnt great, but the rest were all exciting, even when one sided.

Diaz through over 800 punhes in his fight. I have never seen so many flying knees in a fight. The fact that Riggs had 2 broken hands just makes his win all the better. The arm in guillotine by Shields was really slick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Yes I must agree, this was a great event. Look forword to there next event.

• Advertisement

Josh Barnet going after Fedor at the end of the interview made me chuckle.

Not a fan of Diaz the guy (as im sure many aren't) but as a fighter I have to say i do love his punching style.

Is it just my memory of did Big John Mc ref all the matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Some very nice fights.

Was happy to see Rogers win, if only because he was buried in EliteXC.

Diaz - Smith was an awesome fight. I ****ing love Diaz.

Shields impressed the hell out of me, super slick win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

:D
    calex71 wrote: »
    Josh Barnet going after Fedor at the end of the interview made me chuckle.

Not a fan of Diaz the guy (as im sure many aren't) but as a fighter I have to say i do love his punching style.

Is it just my memory of did Big John Mc ref all the matches?

Strangely enough, he's one of my top three favourite fighters. Sure he's a punk, but he makes no secret of it and tells it like it is. Slapping Scott Smiths hand outta the way was hilarious. He is a legit threat to anyone in the UFC I believe, his boxing is unorthodox and no one seems to be able to figure it out, and his jits is amazing ( gogoplata on Gomi anyone ? )

WAR DIAZ :D

Big John did ref all main card fights, dont know about the undercard.

Still not sold on Diaz, want to see him against a solid wrestler, before I buy into the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

UFC really need to pick up Nick Diaz and Jake Shields.

And Robbie Lawler for that matter!

came across this for the Diaz fight
    diaz.jpg

Not sure where I saw 800 strikes thrown......

dunkamania wrote: »
    Not sure where I saw 800 strikes thrown......

I think those where the stats from either the 1st or the 2nd round, as smith would have thrown way more in the course of the fight.

Which makes it even more impressive , also i think he set a new record on compustrike for punchs thrown or landed in one round previously help by michael bispbing. Cant find the artical i was looking at earlier on that.

edit : http://www.compustrike.com/stats.php?news_id=69

Man, Arlovski just cannot take a punch and it seems to have gotten worse. I'll be suprised to see him go on any kind of a run again tbh. I'd say mentally that fight is the one that pushed him right over the edge (after Fedor put him on the edge).

Very impressed with Shields. I didn't think Lawler fought smart at all tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Solid card. I fookin love watchin diaz fight as well.. Hes hilarious!

Advertisement