Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of house

Options
  • 20-05-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Any idea as to how i find out the ages of houses in Cork, apart from the land registry where you have to pay fees and of course asking the owners of the house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i think you just need to develop a knack for being able to tell the age by looking at it. the style, wear. clay walls and stuff. looking at old photographs to see if they're already built

there's also the grandfather's axe problem. if it was rebuilt from scratch or doesnt contain one original wall or tile on the roof do you still count it as old? like this house was about 400 years old but extended a bit in the 80's and then rebuilt from scratch on the same foundation in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Ask the neighbours?

Google the address? I think sometimes planning applications come up, which may contain relevant details.

Ask one of the devil's spawn....aka estate agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Post a pic. Someone here might know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Put up the address (street name only) and someone might know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

If you live somewhere like Blackpool there's books about the history of the place that can be got, they are full with old photographs, you might get lucky

Something like this
    launch_old_blackpool.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement