Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The secret of monkey island SE for the 360

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I like what they've done, its like giving a classic car a modern paint job. its the same car, but it looks newer. i dont think the current generation of gamers will understand what the fuss is about, but old farts like myself (i was 15 when the original came out) are gonna love this.

great idea being able to go between the old and the new style.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I like what they've done, its like giving a classic car a modern paint job. its the same car, but it looks newer. i dont think the current generation of gamers will understand what the fuss is about, but old farts like myself (i was 15 when the original came out) are gonna love this.

great idea being able to go between the old and the new style.

Yeah I agree, I cant see to appealing to anyone who didnt love the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You've got to keep the so-called casuals interested. Back in the days before the Internet was so accessible, you could be stuck for months on the one puzzle :D It's just like having GameFAQs built in. You don't have to look at the hints... ;)
    If I have a blue drink, and a yellow drink ... Hmmm. What can I do with that? :D ... OK, ok, I know that was the Sequel. Never mind

Like someone else suggested, I hope that you have to push a button to get the hints because I wouldn't like a hint to just automatically flash up on screen while I am in the middle of a puzzle because it thinks I am stuck.

It could be good to have an achievement for not using the hints, but then again there's nothing from preventing someone from just printing out the walkthrough off t'internet.

Either way, I'm so psyched for this - I can't wait to get it! Now, where did I put that rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle...

Actually ... I was just thinking. Could this be the first of many classic SCUMM titles being released on XBLA?

Day of the Tentacle, or Full Throttle, anyone?
    Happy Days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sam and Max Hit The Road anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Nah, never liked it much :\

Monkey 2, Day of the tentacle and Full Throttle please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Monkey 2, Day of the tentacle and Full Throttle please :pac:

+1 for DOTT

what about Indiana Jones and Fate of the Atlantis????

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Does anyone have directions to this island?

Heck, yeah. I can't believe I forgot that one :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Sam and Max sucked.

'Look Hoagie its a hamster, just what I need for dissection lab tomorrow!'

Does anyone have directions to this island?

DIRECTIONS TO MONKEY ISLAND!!!

Preheat pot to 450 degrees
    Add the following ingredients:

* 1 Cinnamon stick
    * 4 Leaves of Mint
    * 1 Human Skull (pressed)
    * 1 squirt Squid Ink
    * 2 pts Monkey Blood
    * 1 Live Chicken
    * 3 oz. Brimstone
    * 1 or more of the following:
    pyridoxine hydrochloride,
    zinc oxide, yellow 8
    mine mononitrate and BHA

Let bubble over low flame until thickened. Serves crew of four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

it has been so long since i played these games.... the joys of poor graphics on the PC has just made the promise of a remake even more appealing...the thoughts of Secret of Monkey Island with real graphics is just amazing :D

Advertisement