Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 765 won't read SD card

Options
  • 20-05-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Garmin 765 and I inserted a SanDisk SDHC 4gb card and connected the device to my computer and downloaded the music. When I look at My Computer the E Drive (Garmin device) shows the music is there but I can't find it on the device. And also the F Drive (SD card) shows the music is there but when I disconnect the Garmin from my computer, turn it on and go to the Media Player there is one album there only. Plug it back into the computer and it shows all the music is there.

I took a Toshiba SD 2gb out of my camera and put it into my Garmin but the same result as above - the computer shows the music is there but the Garmin still only shows the one album - the same album even with both SDs.

Has anyone any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 derm58

Am also having problems with a 765t. When i connect to pc it wont show anything on either E or F drives. Cannot drag and drop onto either. When I put an SD in with MP3 files Nuvi says "No MP3 files found" and to cap it all off my "My Computer" on the PC stops working !!

What a piece of sh*t !!

I know I'm not being of any assistance to you but if anybody pm's you with any advice will you pass it on please

thnx

Derm58

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Hi,

I solved the problem! I had to convert my music on iTunes to .mp3 files. I did that, transferred them to the F drive (SD card) and it works fine. I did it in a long winded way! I converted the music to .mp3 files in iTunes, transferred them to Real player and then onto the SD card. I assume there was no need to involve Real player but it was the only way I could figure it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 derm58

I can get the mp3 files onto the garmin using another pc but it cant see whats in the F: drive - says the disk isn't formatted. The disk must be formatted because I transfer the mp3 to it, then onto the pc, and then onto the garmin !!

Advertisement