Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Nights Dawn. Am I getting it right?

• 20-05-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I started Peter F Hamilton's A Nights Dawn Trilogy, with "the Reality dysfunction" book. I just finished the first book. Has anyone else read it? Everything about it is right down my street, I like the world building, hard tech sci fi, characters, pacing etc etc

but before I move onto the next two books, I have on major concern. The evil force is all dead people? There seems to be no discerning between dead people. Once you die, you go to this hellish energy void, where you turn into an evil person, and stay there for millennium. So one side of the vast eternity, that is on each side of the sliver of light we call life is this? Are all the people in the book, not a little bit like, crap... I better not die anytime soon, or ever.

I cant really enjoy the book if that is the central premise.
    Has anyone who's read it, (or not), have this opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

oxygen wrote: »
    I started Peter F Hamilton's A Nights Dawn Trilogy, with "the Reality dysfunction" book. I just finished the first book. Has anyone else read it? Everything about it is right down my street, I like the world building, hard tech sci fi, characters, pacing etc etc

but before I move onto the next two books, I have on major concern. The evil force is all dead people? There seems to be no discerning between dead people. Once you die, you go to this hellish energy void, where you turn into an evil person, and stay there for millennium. So one side of the vast eternity, that is on each side of the sliver of light we call life is this? Are all the people in the book, not a little bit like, crap... I better not die anytime soon, or ever.

I cant really enjoy the book if that is the central premise.
    Has anyone who's read it, (or not), have this opinion?

There are some people who come back who are "good", well, not exactly good, but not as bad..
    If I remember right the reason for the people who come back all being pretty much evil is explained in the 2nd or 3rd book.
    You also might be better off asking in the Sci-Fi section ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Thanks McGovern. Its why everyone goes to that place Im curious about, irregardless how they lived their life. Ill pop on over to the sci fi section.

Advertisement