Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista keeps loosing my Wireless Connection - please help!

Options
  • 20-05-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this. I have a PC with Vista HP. I use a USB Wireless dongle to connect to my Eircom BB. If I leave the PC for a while the connection is gone and I have to restart the PC to get it back. I have a laptop also, but this problem does not happen on the laptop.
    I have tried another dongle in the PC to see is it a dongle problem, but it happens to both. I do not have both dongles attached at the same time. If I keep using the internet, the problem does not seem to happen. The PC does not use sleep mode, and I have disabled the "Allow windows to turn off this device to save power" option in Power Management settings in the device properties tab.

Wierd one, eh?

I have tried both the Buffalo KG54 and the Zyxel G202 adapters.

Kind Regards
    DANNO

Advertisement