Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV student discount a sham

Options
  • 20-05-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Every couple of months or so I buy a DVD or CD or something and usually in HMV. They supposedly offer a 10% discount with your student travelcard. However every time I have shown it in the last 2 years they tell me that they can't accept the travel card and instead, I must use my travelcard to get a HMV student card. Then they tell me that they have none in stock and so cant give me the discount.

As I say its the same story every time I've been there for the last 2 years. When I said it to the clerk he told me they only get in a very limited supply, that they go very quickly and that they might have some in in September!

How are HMV allowed to print their name on the travelcard and supposedly offer a 10% discount with it when they so blatently have no intention of actually giving people the discount?

It really p*sses me off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

hit them where it hurts ,DOWNLOAD your music,its cheaper and faster and easier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

yeah that has seriously pissed me off. they say that they send them out to the colleges, mine never got any.

they make no effort to actually have them in stock,ever. i even went in last september and they didn't have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

See your Student's Union rep, or get on to USIT about it. If they're listed by USIT as offering a discount, then they should offer the discount. Either that or they should make it possible to get a student card over the web, or order one in store.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

delllat wrote: »
    hit them where it hurts ,DOWNLOAD your music,its cheaper and faster and easier ;)

Agreed, any music I do buy is off of iTunes...joy for iTunes Plus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

delllat wrote: »

Just to emphasise, we are talking about the legal and licensed method of downloading music.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

dudara wrote: »
    Just to emphasise, we are talking about the legal and licensed method of downloading music.

dudara

is there any other way ? :rolleyes:

Advertisement