Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 service texts

• 20-05-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway to stop those annoying texts from o2 about stupid things like text bundles and other such ads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Yes you can nominate not to get a text from O2 if you wish. However if you are on bill pay you will still get the billing texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How would one do that? I don't get billing texts.

Well you can PM me or you can give customer care a call on 1747.

1909 surely?

Yes if you are on bill pay its 1909

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A load of vodafone customers weren't happy when they got texts at 2 and 3 in the morning from them telling them their billing update.

Davy wrote: »
    A load of vodafone customers weren't happy when they got texts at 2 and 3 in the morning from them telling them their billing update.
    Indeed, nor do you need to be reminded every time you cross the border going to Enniskillen.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Indeed, nor do you need to be reminded every time you cross the border going to Enniskillen.
    Well believe it or not some people will use the fact that they don't get the roaming text against us so that has to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Those roaming texts are great until you're away somewhere and keep changing networks etc. Becomes spam at a certain point. Be handy if it warned you once a day and that would be it. Let the customer opt into roaming and it'll be their fault.

I do agree with the idea. We only need to make the system do that, recognise it is sending one a day and we are sorted :)

• Advertisement

Even if I don't want it? If i opt out of roaming texts then it is surely my fault.

Can you quote any regulatory requirements to send such spam?

The roaming texts are a requirement from comreg. There is mention of it here but I cannot open some of the related doucments.

"The roaming Regulation ensures that information about pricing is clearer for consumers. It requires mobile service providers to give free personalised information on retail roaming charges to their customers."

Advertisement