Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banditz Poker Room €50 freezout Thur. 21st

• 20-05-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, We have a good deepstacked €50 freezout on thursday nite with 15k and 20min blinds. We got the pool table in yesterday so if you get busted early on you can use the cues to beat the dealer.

1. Who is running the event (BANDITZ POKER ROOM)
    2. The purpose of the event (commercial)
    3. Date and Location of event:Thur. 21st
    4. Registration and Start time of event. reg from 8pm start 9pm
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, which is free)
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (players can pay on the day, maximum number is about 80
    7. Type of Tournament (NL Hold'em Freezout)
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €50
    9. Cost of registration €10
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels.
    13. Starting Chips 15k
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. n/a
    15. Blind levels, 20 mins , blind levels may be replayed depending on big blind/average stack ratio
    16. Blind timeframes 25/50 50/100 100/200 200/400,300/600 , 400/800, 500/1000, 800/1500, 1000/2000, 1500/3000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000, 4000/8000 etc
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash. top 5 or 6 depending on numbers
    18. Are there going to be dealers - At least 2
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules yes
    20. Is there a tournament director yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD
    For further info contact 0877855396 or email banditzpoker@yahoo.ie
    The rake for the cash games will be 5% capped at €10

In a week or so we will be organising a cash league and a tournament league when we get more settled.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

best of luck with this damo.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

All the best with this.
    Do you have a tourney schedule yet?
    If not have you any idea what games will be on this fri/sat evenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

All the best with this.
    Do you have a tourney schedule yet?
    If not have you any idea what games will be on this fri/sat evenings?
    We wont be open this fri/sat due to prior obligations, But from sunday we will be open every night . I am still trying to put a schedule togeather . Its nearly impossible to try and figure out what will work . What about you ? What type of game do you go for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Usually play low/medium stakes touneys in Dublin such as the 50eur DC at the fitz and emporium or 20eur rebuys.

I think the 50eur freezeout on a thurs is a good start. For fridays or saturdays maybe something like a 25eur 2R/T would be a good idea. Or maybe a 60-70eur freezeout. On sundays I think an earlier starting tourney say at 4/5 pm would do well.
    A 100eur freezeout during the week would take off eventually. There was one a year or two ago that used to get decent numbers. Say on a wednesday.

A cheaper multi rebuy tourney could also work well someday during the week.

Make sure and advertise in the shops etc in all the surrounding townlands and it should boost numbers. I've found that in the past poker in monaghan has often been poorly advertised.
    As you're the first poker room to open in town it'll be a process of trial and error to figure out what will work best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Heh Damo,

Its great to have somewhere to go play live poker now every night in Monaghan.

I should make a good few of your games, Dont think I will make it tomorrow night as we have a game in a friends house and its hard to pass up since the majority of them arent great players :)

Theres a right few of us that have started playing live a lot recently so I will try divert them your way as much as possible.

petethebrick has listed a good few tournaments, I think they would be perfect. During the week the funds could be low, so if it was a 20euro buyin with rebuy's i'd say it would go down well. You will get more players with the low buyin's and most will rebuy/top up to boost the prizepool.

Also what petethebrick said Sunday, It would be good having a big tournament. This would be my pref day to play poker. Evening start's at about 5 o' clock should go down well. I think a 50/70/100euro buyin deepstack.

100 is a bit steep tho, I cant see many playing it. Unless the 100 included 1 rebuy / top up.

Best of luck with the new club Damo,

brendaN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Well Damo,

Wish u all the best m8, as far as what tourneys and when, i wud suggest not running anything big on sundays as the summer is coming, its football season and u know how football is supported around monaghan!!
    The winter months are better for sunday games, once ur up and running, id say wednesday or fridays nights wud be best for a 100 f/o.
    The 100 f/o used to get good numbers when it was in the seasons, so the demand is there.
    As ye know urself...advertising around the town and surrounding towns is key!

p.s I will look forward to playin the first OFFICIAL Monaghan poker open in ur place ;)

Advertisement