Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Allocation

Options
  • 20-05-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a site/page where it has recommendations on how long you should spend on different parts of papers?, such as like Comparative and Poetry on English paper 2??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

generally speaking, it's not that hard, just do it in proportion.

In fact, English paper two is the easier. 3hrs20mins for exams, which 200 minutes. The paper is marked out of 200, so spend one minute per mark.

IE
    60 minutes for Macbeth
    70 minutes for comparative
    etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Anyone know a site/page where it has recommendations on how long you should spend on different parts of papers?, such as like Comparative and Poetry on English paper 2??

It tells ya in some school books, and revision books. Thought you went to the IOE surely the teachers told ye?!
    Anyway what subjects and ill tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Swizz wrote: »
    It tells ya in some school books, and revision books. Thought you went to the IOE surely the teachers told ye?!

physics
    maths
    irish(P)
    maths(h)
    geo
    construction

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

For English Paper 2, I tend to just give each section an hour, leaving me 20 minutes for reading and/or finishing off. Perhaps not the most offical breakdown, but it works for me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Swizz wrote: »
    yeah they probly mentioned it at some time, but we have different english teachers for different parts of the course so never really got an overall view really, nd we aint got no books :/
    are you in HCKilliney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

http://www.scoilnet.ie/hist/article_topic.aspx?id=5741&nav=false

(Scoilnet page that has some guidelines)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

less stress more success my man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

yeah they probly mentioned it at some time, but we have different english teachers for different parts of the course so never really got an overall view really, nd we aint got no books :/
    are you in HCKilliney?

Forgot about that! Ye get the famous 'Institue' notes. Do you have the exam papers? They tell ya in that. No im not in HC Killiney.

Advertisement