Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest network to text home on?

• 20-05-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

hi im going to cyprus in 3 weeks and ill be needing to text home alot...im not meteor but to text home its 39c per text so F that i tried o2 website and they 29c per text, 3ireland website is 25c per text (as far as i know u cant buy 3 simcards without buying a new phone too) so i tried vodafone website and they only give u the prices on calls not texts...does anyone know the prices for sending texts to a meteor sim from cyprus using a vodafone sim?....also the person on meteor is in belfast so she is roaming but we have the receiving texts and call for free thing set up, wouldt that still be free if im texting them from cyprus?cheers:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

marko91 wrote: »
    hi im going to cyprus in 3 weeks and ill be needing to text home alot...im not meteor but to text home its 39c per text so F that i tried o2 website and they 29c per text, 3ireland website is 25c per text (as far as i know u cant buy 3 simcards without buying a new phone too) so i tried vodafone website and they only give u the prices on calls not texts...does anyone know the prices for sending texts to a meteor sim from cyprus using a vodafone sim?....also the person on meteor is in belfast so she is roaming but we have the receiving texts and call for free thing set up, wouldt that still be free if im texting them from cyprus?cheers:o

Vodafone texts are €0.29.
    The free calls and texts are excluded while roaming.
    You can get a 3 sim, if thats what you want to do.

You might consider vodafone, then you could use the 'live' data which is the same price when roaming. Would be €0.99 a day and you could use to send webtexts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Personally I use www.cabbagetexter.com when away as well - saves a packet :)

Advertisement