Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About Carlow Institute of Futher Education

• 20-05-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi I am doing a hairdressing course in Carlow Institute of futher education and wondering what the college is like has anyone done this course or being to the college is it near the town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hi ann100,

I attended the Carlow Institute of Further Eduacation from Sept 2003 to May 2004, I did Furniture Making & Design. The CIFE is located at the rear of the Carlow Vocational School (which I also attended for for secondary eduacation) on the Kilkenny Rd. Basically its a large number of prefab units built into one large 'unit' as it were, but its well equipped, good sized rooms, library, computers etc.

The Vocational School/CIFE is located beside the Institute of Further Eduacation, which has a large canteen and such which you could use.

Its a good walk out the Kilkenny rd, by foot you'd be in the heart of the town in 12 to 15 mins, obviously shorter by car :p

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ann100

Is there a canteen there I WILL BE IN college only four days what days did you do AND HAVE MANY........

There is a canteen in the CIFE, when I was there it was only a small room with vending machines :p, the I.T. is only across the way and has a full, proper canteen where you can get breakfast, dinner, starbucks, smoothies etc etc

I did Monday to Thursday and Friday was work experience day, I'd imagine you'd have to do work experience somewhere too? The CIFE seems to be fairly popular with women doing the beauty courses, at least that what I assume they were wearing those white jackets and black trousers for? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ann100

Can anyone use the canteen in the it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

not everyone is supposed to use the i.t. carlow canteen but if you want to use it there is nothing stopping you.

• Advertisement

Yeah there should be no problem really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

like everyone from the surrounding are comes in and gets lunch and the caretakers dont mind once your obviously not disrupting the place

Advertisement