Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus ntl: Cable on in areas of Dundrum in the next few weeks?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I was just told by my soon-to-be landlord that Chorus ntl had upgraded his connections and someone had been there in the last few days externally connecting a few things. He also said that he was told ntl's cable connection would be live 2nd quarter of this year.

As I am about to move in this weekend, would it be wise for me to cancel Sky's connection due on Wednesday, let the landlord move his phone (and wireless Eircom connection) next door to where they'll be living and wait for Chorus to be turned on?

I don't need a landline and can use his wireless until it happens (and get the free-to-air tv off his existing ntl connection).

So I guess I'm asking, how reliable are Chorus for these kinds of things?

The area is Rosemount Estate, Dundrum.

(And thanks Rory for your help up until now).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I was told in ~1995 that they been rolling out BB in the area.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    lol, at least you can't say they didn't give you plenty of notice. :)

it seems like they might be following up on these sorts of promises though just recently and they even rolled out the 20mbps broadband where I live in johnstown, navan which is a pretty small town/village on the outskirts of navan.

there are no guarantees obviously, but it might be worth a gamble and even if it doesn't pay off it wouldn't take you long to get sky back in etc. if it doesn't pan out the way you hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've seen them working and putting new cable up in Dundrum. I have no idea when it's due to go live but they have been putting it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

BOFH_139 wrote: »

No, that was two companies ago.

In 1995 it would have been NTL.
    They then became NTL Ireland when they sepperated from the UK company.
    And then became UPC Ireland 3 years ago.

Since then UPC have invested hundreds of millions, that NTL never did, or could have, and actually are upgrading the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

We shall 'sit and wait' then... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    In 1995 it would have been NTL.

You mean Cablelink. :)

Did cable broadband even exist (in the States) in 1995? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

paulm17781 wrote: »
    You mean Cablelink. :)

Did cable broadband even exist (in the States) in 1995? :pac:

That's true actually, isn't it.
    But anyway, we all know that it's more fashionable to slag off NTL.;)

Advertisement