Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On campus or off?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

What ye reckon guys?
    Im leaning towards on-capmus...

Live on-campus or off? 15 votes

On campus
    0% 0 votes
    Off campus
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

This discussion has probably already been done here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781

Gives plenty of reviews of on and off campus accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

you cant beat kilmurry for first year but seriously read the stickies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Thanks guys...
    I did read thru the stickies I spose i was just trying to get a hands up count if thats ok?
    I can delete the thread if you'd like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

That's ridiculous. Just make up your own mind, a hands-up count isn't seriously going to be of much use to you. A majority could say campus is better, you could follow it and have a terrible time, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ridiculous is probably a bit strong but on-campus is obviously more expensive. If you can afford it, sure, it's almost certainly better (and definitely nicer with the no rats thing, although I've seen a few wandering everywhere at some point or other, presumably in search of a piper).

I tend to find having your own toilet to be a good thing, it's part of the reason I live by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I tend to find having your own toilet to be a good thing, it's part of the reason I live by myself

ensuite off campus tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

If it's affordable - on campus! But I never lived off campus in my four years at UL...so I can't really comment on that only from what I've seen, it just didn't seem worth the hassle, for me anyway. Also on campus I moved in on my own and with friends and both work out really well as long as you're willing to make the effort... oh I wish I was going back for another year! :( Enjoy it!

Advertisement