Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you prefer Coca-Cola from a can or a bottle?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Back in my day, I always chose the cans rather than the bottles, but lately I've definitely and inexplicably started to go for the bottles more. Perhaps I'm getting more greedy as I hit my twenties but the 330ml can of coloured sugar water just doesn't do if for me anymore like a lovely, possibly excessive and certainly unhealthy half-litre bottle.

What about you? Of course, this thread doesn't just have to be about Coca Cola but Fanta, and possibly even Lilt too. Maybe even alcoholic beverages, if we're feeling playful. But which is it you like best? Bottles or cans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

1.25 litre bottle of coke ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cans, all the way.
    And thanks for the examples, it's hard to tell which is which, you know, for one of the best selling drinks in history...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Okay, both refrigerated and cold, it has to be a can There just seems to be that little extra pop from it and bite to it. It must be to do with the material.

I will always choose the can, and plus, if you buy a bottle, you beter drink
    it in soon, as it loses its pop very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I find coke in Spain is way nicer than at home. Duno why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Glass Bottle > Can > Plastic Bottle

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭murpheous81

Was in South Africa for a while and used to get my coke in a glass 2 litre bottle. I swear the bottle made it taste fresher compared to what we get here.

p.s

Lets start a campaign to bring back Cherry Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Vain wrote: »
    I find coke in Spain is way nicer than at home. Duno why

Heresy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,652 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah youre coke is weird. Its the water. Its the same reason NYC pizza is so awesome: the city tap water. The water that goes into the dough. Its true! google it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sher that american coke is all high fructose corn syrup. That's some shoite thats out to kill ya right there. Weren't there Americans driving down to Mexico to get the real deal? You lie overheal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

And thanks for the examples, it's hard to tell which is which, you know, for one of the best selling drinks in history...

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The plastic bottle ever so slightly taints the product , thats a fact from someone working in their quality lab, and sensory lab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I miss supercans.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

cans all the way

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Pepsi.

Yes but from a can or a bottle?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm in the:

Glass bottle>Can>Plastic bottle fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah for taste I would go with that.I usualy buy those 750ml bottles of pepsi though as they last all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Cans, but usually sip it so easier to buy a bottle. Cans just are colder and fizzier and nicer! I half open a can and slurp it out the side and it's delicious, no idea why :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Chilled can of pepsi or a glass bottle of coke.Must try that half opening idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2L bottle is ftw, but only with ice. Can of coca-cola beats it, as it's often chilled.

For the total win, though, is the small glass bottle of coca-cola. Not only is it usually cold, but there's no metallic taste. Total win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

cans definatly unless im out then glass bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

I have to agree with Frada on this one.

Up until about a year ago I used to prefer coke out of the can but lately I prefer it from the plastic bottle for some reason. I think my sense of taste has diminsihed greatly in recent times so the sharper tste of the coke from the can isn't as nice as it once was.

Another possible contributing factor for my shifting preference towards bottled coke is that fact that after having tasted some multi-pack cans of coke (which are definately more dilute than the individual cans you can buy in a fridge in a garage for example- the multi pack ones have a yellow banner across the top of the can), my mind now associates cans of coke with a more dilute taste than bottled coke.

By the way, the twin-pack of 2 litre bottles of coke that you can get (with the yellow banner across the top of the label) are definately more dilute than the individual 2 litre bottles you can get in the shop.

Very rarely have I drank coke from a glass bottle, although I'm sure the general consensus is that it tastes best out of a glass bottle (stronger taste to make up for the exorbitant prices charged in the pub?).

I'm fcuking obsessed with that drink, its going to take years off my life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Nothing better than a can of Fat Coke when your hungover...

But most of the time it would be a bottle of Coke Zero for me..

I do prefer the taste of the can but the bottle suits the lifestyle better...

What about in fast-food restaurants? Does anyone prefer the Coke in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Glass Bottles of Coke FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I had this conversation with someone earlier on today. I think coke from a can tastes better and more refreshing than from a plastic bottle. It's been a long time since I tasted it from a glass bottle, usually only get it in pubs and I mix it with vodka.
    Another thing, I've noticed when you open a can of coke outside, it goes flat very quickly..compared to when it's opened indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

can>glass bottle> plastic bottle

It took me a long time to learn to like coke from a plastic bottle. However as I usually drink it in the car, its the easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cans. they taste better and are more fizzier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cans are nicer

Advertisement