Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chicken fillet nutritional value

• 20-05-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

How much protein should there be in an average chicken fillet? I thought they weighed about 150g, and therefore had 30g of protein (I think I read before that chicken has 20g pro/100g). But fitday says the two fillets I just ate had 115g protein. Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Weigh them, they vary a lot. And then read the nutrition label on the packet that the chicken came in. Fitday can be useful as a general guide, but Irish meat tends to be lower in fat and higher in protein than American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It didn't come in a packet. And if that's the case then that would mean there's even more protein? I don't think that's right tbh.

As a guideline, 100g of raw chicken fillet from Tesco is 105 cals, 23g of protein and 1.1g of fat. I imagine whatever you have is similar enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's what I thought was the average. I'll weigh the rest of the chicken tomorrow. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is the problem with the internet, you have to be careful of differing portion sizes & differing recipies all over the world.

I hear in australia chicken fillets are monstrous things, so their figures would be higher for their typical "average" fillet. I once cut off the fillets from a large dunnes chicken and they were ~350g each, absolutely massive things.

Same goes for estimated WW points, esp. for the likes of chinese takeaways which have massive portions here. Quoted kcals for mcdonalds & dominoes etc can vary around the world. Also UK sites often will just quote spirits as "measures", but the UK measure is 25ml while here it is 35.5ml. Then the US gallon is different from the imperial gallon.

Lots to watch out for.

• Advertisement

Agree about the portions. However, if you must eat in McDonalds, you have no excuse, every portion of food arrives in a box or wrapper with the calories, protein, fat, carbs and salt printed on it. And every tray cover has the ingredients and calories of all the food on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

EileenG wrote: »
    Agree about the portions. However, if you must eat in McDonalds, you have no excuse, every portion of food arrives in a box or wrapper with the calories, protein, fat, carbs and salt printed on it. And every tray cover has the ingredients and calories of all the food on the back.

How would a healthy eater like you know that Eileen? :pac:

How would a healthy eater like you know that Eileen? :pac:

I've got kids!!!!

Actually, I sometimes go in there when I have to write something. A cup of coffee and no-one disturbs you.

Advertisement