Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to receive a text message online when using meteor

• 20-05-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I know that it's possible to send a text message online from the meteor site. But, if they text back and you don't have your phone on you or you are out of coverage, is it possible to receive a text message send to your phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No it is not with SMS.

You can send/receive via the broadband modem but you'd need coverage etc and you'd have to put your SIM in it.

With MMS if it's not setup on your handset I believe it goes to the Meteor website where you can view it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Depending on what phone you have, you can install programs that will automatically forward your texts to an email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Breezer wrote: »
    Depending on what phone you have, you can install programs that will automatically forward your texts to an email address.
    If there's no coverage on the phone then any programs based on the phone would be useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

True, I was thinking if the OP had left it behind somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

thanks for all your responses. I am working in a place that has no meteor coverage ( not uncommon TBH) and I'm trying to text someone from the internet. which, is fine but I don't get their responses.

It's a pity this service is not available. It would be useful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Switch to another network and port your number. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

swingking wrote: »
    thanks for all your responses. I am working in a place that has no meteor coverage ( not uncommon TBH) and I'm trying to text someone from the internet. which, is fine but I don't get their responses.

It's a pity this service is not available. It would be useful :(

Where is this place? Are you sure your phone is ok?

Advertisement