Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF local election broadcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They are distancing themselves from national issues, a ploy that won't work imho.

Don't know about you, but I prefer my local councillor to address local, not national, issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I like the last guy. Hes standing for election, but not on any politically motivated manifesto...and he keeps a straight face. Mind you, I've heard non political, non idealogical politicians are exactly what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sand wrote: »
    I like the last guy. Hes standing for election, but not on any politically motivated manifesto
    :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Local issues include rising unemployment and spending cuts on public services and these things have their roots in national issues. It really irks me when the local councillors around here won't actually engage in that stuff as if it has nothing to do with them when they are running on a Government platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

"The principles of Fianna Fail."

What principles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

No sign of Ivor Callely's son in the video, although most people think he's running on behalf of facebook by looking at his posters (the facebook logo is bigger than the FF logo). Had to laugh at his slogan on the posters though...."it's time for change" (curious considering most of his target audience of voters voted his dad out of the dail only to see him rewarded with a massive payout package and a seat in the seanad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

turgon wrote: »
    "The principles of Fianna Fail."

What principles?
    Incompetence, corruption, gombeenery, bare faced brasskneckery/lying, etc etc etc...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Incompetence, corruption, gombeenery, bare faced brasskneckery/lying, etc etc etc...
    Are they not skills required to be in FF rather than party principles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

Jesus it’s a bit too much of the same no, I switched off after the first minute. Sounded like a broadcast for a bunch of independents

True it is a local election but the problems are national. Also I can’t remember anyone talking about reforming local planning laws or is that a touch subject for FF councillors?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

funny they were talking on morning ireland how many local councillers had forgotten to put fianna fail logo on their election literature or it was a printing error - had to laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

scum.

a vote for fianna fail or the greens is a stamp of approval of the current state of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,250 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not one of them with the sense to look at the camera when speaking to it?!

My 7 month old daughter knows to look at the camera when I point it at her ffs.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was thinking that when I saw it. I presume may have something in it that it looks like they are being interviewed and not trying a hard sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Sand wrote: »
    I like the last guy. Hes standing for election, but not on any politically motivated manifesto
    He's just profiling himself for the run up to the next Dáil as he's new and on the constituency border which is always threatening to swing both ways

He hasn't a clue what he's doing, dead wood and so early in his career

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

The FF Logo is very big :) at the start \ end...... wonder was that a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The guy at 1.30 is very enthusiastic.

Sorry, I was violently sick way before then. Has Sean Ardagh got two sprogs running for election?

Advertisement