Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gaeltacht

• 20-05-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

any 5th years going to the gaeltacht this year?
    me and my friends have a horrible feelin its guna be us and a pack of youngins :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I went in 5th year and my house were probably the oldest people there... It was sort of cute watching all the youngun's shyly holding hands at the céilís though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keej

yea we had a feelin ther'd nly be a few of us but as long as its not just us :pac: i dont really mind the younger people :P i get on with them and stuff, i jst dont wana feel like a big dirty pedo for the 3 weeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Well which gaeltacht r u goin to? If you are in fifth year you will likely be put into a class with people who are in fifth year and fourth year, so if you get to know people in your classes then u should not have a problem.

I went to Colaiste Lurgan last summer and I'd say most of the lc crowd were going into fifth year, so it wasn't too bad. Was kinda annoying when they kept talking about what they did during the year, but there you go a jealous fifth year.:mad:

I don't think you will get much different:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keej

djcervi wrote: »
    Well which gaeltacht r u goin to? If you are in fifth year you will likely be put into a class with people who are in fifth year and fourth year, so if you get to know people in your classes then u should not have a problem.

I went to Colaiste Lurgan last summer and I'd say most of the lc crowd were going into fifth year, so it wasn't too bad. Was kinda annoying when they kept talking about what they did during the year, but there you go a jealous fifth year.:mad:

I don't think you will get much different:)

thanks i kinda knew we'd be put into a class with people our own age but i just wasnt sure if there'd be that many.. hopefully there'll be a few tho
    ugh yes tell me about it the ty's in our school this year had a waaay better time then we did and got to do way more.. soo jealous :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

I'm in fifth year and I'm going to the gaeltacht this summer too but I'm going on a course that's specifically for 4th and 5th years...I can't wait!
    I've been before when there was loads of different ages though..this one time I went when i was 13/14 and there were a fair few 10 year olds but it was grand I just had friends my age!
    Don't worry there's bound to be a few people your age there!

Go n-éirí an t-adh leat!
    =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Aye, I went after 5th year and wasn't the oldest there by a long shot.
    Went to one where all the people going into 6th year (And only a few going into 5th year) never ever actually so much as saw the younguns. Apart from at the beach on occasion.

Depends where you go, really.
    Colaiste na Rinne, in Waterford, for example, is full of youth. I went there back in the absoulte day- FULL of little people. At the time I was a little person, so, it was all good.

Advertisement