Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Measuring Social Network Learning

Options
  • 20-05-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I am about to start my thesis "Social Media Enhancing 3rd Level Education". I have no problem with the theory and research ok. I also have to develop a system to test my assumptions e.g. a social network with blogs and wiki's on it. Only thing i'm kind of looking for advice on is how I would measure learning using these social media e.g. blogs, wiki's,podcasts all within a social network.

I can ask a few people to use my program and then give them a questionairre but I don't know if that's good enough. Any ideas?

GF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

I'd say first port of call would be searching the journals to see how other people conducted the same kind of studies, things like showing one group the material as a just text, then showing another group the material in the social networking context then evaluation the difference (if there is one) at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grungefreak1

haven27 wrote: »
    I'd say first port of call would be searching the journals to see how other people conducted the same kind of studies, things like showing one group the material as a just text, then showing another group the material in the social networking context then evaluation the difference (if there is one) at the end.

Sounds good to me! Thanks.

GF

Advertisement