Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighters released from the UFC Tom Egan included

Options
  • 20-05-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Stumbled across this on the net fair few fighters released. Not sure if many of you already knew Tom Egan had been released. Wonder if the UFC will leave the door open for him to resign possibly in time for the next event in Ireland? Would be nice to have one of our own fighting in the UFC again anyway. These are the other fighters to have recently been released. I think they might have cut Vinny Magalhaes a bit early fella was BJJ world champion.If he worked on his standup he could have been a decent competitor. I would expect Wanderlai to be cut as well if he looses his next fight.

Ryo Chonan
    David Bielkheden
    Akihiro Gono
    David Loiseau
    Jason Macdonald
    Vinny Magalhaes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Stumbled across this on the net fair few fighters released. Not sure if many of you already knew Tom Egan had been released. Wonder if the UFC will leave the door open for him to resign possibly in time for the next event in Ireland? Would be nice to have one of our own fighting in the UFC again anyway. These are the other fighters to have recently been released. I think they might have cut Vinny Magalhaes a bit early fella was BJJ world champion.If he worked on his standup he could have been a decent competitor. I would expect Wanderlai to be cut as well if he looses his next fight.

Ryo Chonan
    David Bielkheden
    Akihiro Gono
    David Loiseau
    Jason Macdonald
    Vinny Magalhaes

It was posted about Tom ages ago. I'm sure we will see him in the UFC again, he is a young guy but it was just not hes time for the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It was posted about Tom ages ago. I'm sure we will see him in the UFC again, he is a young guy but it was just not hes time for the big one.

I hope we never see him in the UFC again after that performance against Hathaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

unknown13 wrote: »
    I hope we never see him in the UFC again after that performance against Hathaway

Plenty of good ufc fighters got their ass kicked in their debut, it happens..I expect John to do very well in the 170 division

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

unknown13 wrote: »

You clearly dont understand the sport if that is your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

rovert wrote: »
    You clearly dont understand the sport if that is your view.

National allegiances aside, he did put on a fairly poor show, he even had Joe Rogan say he was inexperienced on the ground (which we know he isn't).

I still think he should have got one more fight as per usual for new fighters but I don't really mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

OP, your information is out of date, and I dont see this conversation going anywhere productive. Also note the rules on fighter abuse, particularly in relation to Irish fighters.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement