Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Printer

Options
  • 20-05-2009 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Want to get Brother 3 in one Printer repaired.
    Sensor won't pick up cartridge.
    Can someone recommend somewhere affordable in Cork City?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cork Computer Clinic on South Terrace might be able to fix it....

http://www.cccit.ie/it-repair/

021 4316303

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

PC LOAD LETTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭thesecretforme

What?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I brought a printer to cork computer clinic before on their no fix no fee policy. And when they said they couldnt fix it they also refused to give it back unless I paid labour. So id be careful there. Also how expensive is the printer? New Printers are getting fairly cheap these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

brando1 wrote: »
    AVOID AVOID AVOID Cork Computer Clinic.
    They gave me absolutely disgraceful service.
    I left my laptop in to have the motherboard replaced, a fairly routine repair by all accounts.
    I didn't hear any update on the service after a few weeks, so i called in on a Saturday and they claimed that they were waiting on parts . . fine. A few weeks later, i called back again, same story. I called back a third time after another 3 weeks or so, but they still gave me the same excuse.
    After 4 MONTHS, I called the repair shop and I got through to the manager. I asked for an update on the repair.
    He tells me "we've let the ball drop on this one"
    Nothing had even been ordered or done . . . .NOTHING!!!
    He gave me some bull excuse and then told me that he would get on top of the situation. Stupidly, I left the laptop there to let him repair it.
    1 MONTH later, I called to find out the status of the repair. He said that he had got some parts, but the laptop still wasn't working and there was nothing he could do in his repair shop.
    Immediately, i asked for the laptop back.
    The laptop was delivered to me 2 weeks later.
    In total, it took 5 1/2 MONTHS to get my laptop back in my hands.
    Now I'm not blaming anybody that the laptop couldn't be repaired . . . that happens . . . but the DISGRACEFUL length of time it took to do absolutely nothing really p1s*ed me off.
    Avoid this place like the plague!!!

Whats that now??? Computer Clinic are great you say..ok. I'll remember that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement