Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acute Pancreatitis

Options
  • 20-05-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Im just wondering is there anyone out there who suffers with pancreatitis, im 22 but have been sufffering with it for the past 4 years and its hell...It went undiagnosed for 2 years and when they eventually found it i also had gallstones and pseudocysts on my pancreas... agony...

After the removal of my gallbladder, the cysts became the problem being 10cm X 10cm in size, a mass which i could feel in my back. I got it drained recently but am still in pain, ive started to read up about chronic pancreatits and am worried that i may be developing it as i am CONSTANTlY uncomfortable or in pain on a day to day basis...

Has any body been thorugh the same or have any info on it for me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Hey!

I got acute pancreatitis when I was 15. It was awful and the pain was just unbearable. My doctors told me my case was pretty rare though because mine was caused by steroids (which I was on for crohn's disease). I was in hospital for a month with it but thankfully I've never looked back... just a matter of steering clear of steroids!

Sal

Advertisement