Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for low power agp 8x graphics card

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My computer has 4x agp slot. I wanted to get a grahics card and was advised that an 8x will owrk (backward compatibility). nVidia 6600GT was recommended in one of the places. When I got the card and installed it, the cpu was at its maximum and computer was noisy. I realised later that the card requires approx 400w power which I think my computer cannot handle. In fact a message appeared that the card will run in low memory.

My computer is MSI MEGA 651, power supply 200w, Intel 4 cpu 2.66GHz, FSB 533/400MHz. I'm looking for a graphics card that uses low power and still give me good graphics. Please advise. Thanks.

Googled about low power graphics card and got more confused.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just looking your system up online now... it would be very tight but

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=388745 this might just meet your power supply requirements. though it is too close to call, i personally wouldnt take the chance on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

just looking your system up online now... it would be very tight but

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=388745 this might just meet your power supply requirements. though it is too close to call, i personally wouldnt take the chance on it.

I use this card and highly recommend it. Its not going to work in a P4 system with only a 200 Watt power supply- don't even go there. OP- you badly need a new PSU.......

Advertisement