Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Belfast to Donegal town ?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I have some relatives visiting at the end of the month and they want to come from Belfast to Donegal town by public transport.

I have tried looking at rail and bus on the web and there just does not seem to be an easy answer.....the info' is really not that good.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get here either by rail or bus or a combination of both ?

Thanks for any suggestions

FB

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are they arriving into Belfast airport?

If times suit (probably not) then try Collins Coaches here

Maybe Bus Eireann have buses going regularly from Belfast to Letterkenny? Then a seperate bus to Donegal town.
    Here is another link from somebody asking the same query, but it's a year old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Belfast to Derry (bus/Rail), then bus, Or Belfast - Strabane then bus to Donegal?
    www.translink.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Belfast to Derry (bus/Rail), then bus, Or Belfast - Strabane then bus to Donegal?
    www.translink.co.uk
    That would be my suggestion also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Take the Airporter from the airport to Derry from where there is a regular express service to Galway via Donegal town and a normal commuter service operated by Bus Eireann.

/edit; The express service would be quicker and more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

If coming from Belfast itself. Get Ulsterbus Goldliner express to Enniskillen and then switch to Bus Eireann Dublin to Donegal express (service 30) direct to Donegal Town. As far as I know they can buy the ticket for the whole journey in Great Victoria Street bus station in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭flynnboy

That's brilliant everyone. Thanks a million for all of the suggestions. I'll look into them all today and see what I can come up with.

Sliante

FB

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭flynnboy

Hi Everyone

I thought I would let you know what I have found out just in case it is ever of any use to you.

The problem is that the travel day is a Sunday - and after 7.00 pm. It is possible to get a bus (translink) from Belfast to either Derry or Enniskillen arriving around 9.00 but at that arrival time on a Sunday it is not in fact possible, as far as I can tell, to catch a bus from either Derry or Enniskillen to Donegal town.

However, it is not too bad to drive to either town to pick them up.

Thanks again for your help
    FB

Advertisement