Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for romantic date

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

What would the best restaurant in Cork be for a date. candles and athmosphere important. quality of food secondary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

Scien wrote: »
    Hmm... Depends.. Age group, favourite food, budget?

thirties. mid budget. flexible on food type. not too busy or loud

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Casanova on north main Street
    Nice athmosphere and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Les Gourmandises on Cook St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

First date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Illkillya wrote: »
    Les Gourmandises on Cook St

OMG! Is Les Gourmandises now considered mid-range? What sorta places do you go to? :D

+1 for Casanova, though it can be too quiet the odd time I've been in, even on weekends. The recession deal menu is a joke though.....you save €1 compared to the a la carte menu!

Star Anise is very laid back, but the service is spot on, so you're never distracted by tryin to grab a reluctant waitron. Foods impeccable too.

If it was me and I was aiming for breakfast in bed the next morning, I'd go for Star Anise! :D

Les Gourmandises is too expensive and pretensious. I assume that I will be paying for everything. first date and breakfast in bed would be nice.

so the options appear to be Casonova or Star Anise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Aw well fair do's to you.you sure are making an effort.

Aw well fair do's to you.you sure are making an effort.

The pleasures of a blond or brunette breakfast in bed are not to be underestimated.

Who knows, next morning she may even cook for you too! :D

Max001 wrote: »
    The pleasures of a blond or brunette breakfast in bed are not to be underestimated.

Who knows, next morning she may even cook for you too! :D
    i need a woman hahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Les Gourmandises is not mid range, I didn't see the OP's second post. And for the record, it may be expensive, but it is not pretentious. It is the real deal - genuinely high quality food, atmosphere, service... no pretence.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

If it was me and I was aiming for breakfast in bed the next morning, I'd go for Star Anise! biggrin.gif

ye're all the same....
    effort my arse, if ye were any good ye'd take us shopping instead.

all_smilz wrote: »
    If it was me and I was aiming for breakfast in bed the next morning, I'd go for Star Anise! biggrin.gif

ye're all the same....
    effort my arse, if ye were any good ye'd take us shopping instead.

EXACTLY my point right there..

Take ye shopping !!!!!! - are you mad???....that could cost Waaaayyy more than a few meals and drinks.

Maybe down the €2 shop and let ya go mad :D

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Take ye shopping !!!!!! - are you mad???....that could cost Waaaayyy more than a few meals and drinks.

Maybe down the €2 shop and let ya go mad :D

jees i feel sorry for whoever your with :rolleyes:

Yeah I know - tough times in this recession :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

The Milano on Oliver Plunkett St. always looks dead romantic, and the prices look decent enough for mid-range.

It's ok - but a bit busy/loud/open plan for a nice romantic meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Market Lane is nice at night, usually busy but not too loud. Greens is delicious and upmarket but might want to tell her to stick to the early bird menu :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

blarney golf resort had great offer there a while ago, buy dinner stay for free (breakfast not included) if you want to pretend you're a generous soul (which im sure you are anyway) take her there and dont let her see the bill, for 100 you get three course meal (starter main desert coffee) and night in fab room,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

You Have to go all out for a romantic date, you need a restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins, i.e jacobs on the mall, Augustines or Jacques.
    How would you think your g/f react if you told her you bought her a ring/preesent from e-bay compared to Tiffanys NYC!!
    Perception is reality.

Out of the three I mentioned I would go for Augustines.

messygirl wrote: »
    for 100 you get three course meal (starter main desert coffee) and night in fab room,

I think that booking a room for after a first date is a bit presumptious. maybe the second.

Yes totally - I reckon it would scare a girl off.
    Not something I'd recommend...

geffkane wrote: »
    I think that booking a room for after a first date is a bit presumptious. maybe the second.

Depends on the lady really doesn't it. If she's from Cork, based on my experience, you'll be in the room imediately after the sweet course,
    if not some courses before that! :D

Messy gurl, u free tomorrow night???? lol

Max001 wrote: »

Messy gurl, u free tomorrow night???? lol

was thinking the same thing. Messy girl would you like to go for dinner with me in Blarney?

And ye say cork women are easy!look at the state of you boys :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

OK - recession time boys - instead of taking her out to a restaurant- why not prepare an evening picnic - if you can't cook then buy lots of nice little things, i.e. cheese selection, strawberries, pate, fresh breads, tarts, a nice bottle of vino and if the weather is as good as predicted this weekend, you'll have a great time. BUT if the weather is crap - have an indoor picnic, set rug out on floor with candles. (Do tell her in advance "dress casual"- she'll be intrigued or expect McD's and will be very pleasantly surprised, whereas if she turns up in her Jimmy Choo's she may not appreciate being all dressed up with nowhere to go).

Seriously guys, it's not about how much you spend or where you take a girl - it's how you treat her and show that you've put some thought into it, that will make her feel much more special and show your more adventurous side - and she'll be putty in your hands........

This advice is coming from a 40 something year old woman who has been wined and dined and picnic'd over the years - but would consider something like that much more romantic. Enjoy the date! J X

Advertisement