Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface and PAP2T ring delay when dialling

Options
  • 20-05-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

As the title says when I dial a number there is a long delay 8 to 10s before the phone rings at the other end. Is there a way to adjust this?
    Setup is Linksys PAP2T connecting to Siemens phone C385 DECT. PAP2T is configured to my Blueface account (one phone only used). PAP2T connects to Linksys WRT54GS V5 router which itself connects to Scientific Atlantic C2203 cable modem through UPC/NTL 3MB service.
    Interestingly when i dial a number using Fring on my Nokia E51 which connects through WiFi to the WRT54GS router there is no delay at all. Given this it would seem that the PAP2T needs reconfiguring to minimise the delay.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 simplybetter

Hi,

I have the same problem with my PAP2T, i also have a grandstream 486 ATA and it works much faster. I have Linksys SPA IP phone and it connects in less than 2 seconds not like th PAP2T.

You could go to the support page of linksys and update the ATA's firmware to the latest might help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

bibibobo wrote: »
    As the title says when I dial a number there is a long delay 8 to 10s before the phone rings at the other end. Is there a way to adjust this?
    Setup is Linksys PAP2T connecting to Siemens phone C385 DECT. PAP2T is configured to my Blueface account (one phone only used). PAP2T connects to Linksys WRT54GS V5 router which itself connects to Scientific Atlantic C2203 cable modem through UPC/NTL 3MB service.
    Interestingly when i dial a number using Fring on my Nokia E51 which connects through WiFi to the WRT54GS router there is no delay at all. Given this it would seem that the PAP2T needs reconfiguring to minimise the delay.
    Any help appreciated.

Could it be something to do with the dial plan? Blueface have a Dial plan in their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I have the same delay, pressing # (under 9) after dialing the number seems to speed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The PAP2 seems to have a very long wait before deciding you have finished entering the number. The # key signals end of number so dialling commences immediately after sending the # key.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Is there any other way to speed up the dialling as this is difficult to explain to everyone in the house. I.e. why does the PAP2T wait 10sec and can i adjust this in the software advanced menu (which seems very very complicated)?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

If the dial plan is not set up correctly you will get a 10 second wait by default. This is because the ATA does not know if dialling is completed or not.

So you should set up a dial plan that matches the Irish numbering system. Sample plans are floating around or if you can't locate one I'll start digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Found the setting at last, Log into the PAP2T as admin and choose advanced view, then go to Regional, then scroll down to Control Timer Values (sec) and change Interdigit Long Timer to 1 and Interdigit Short Timer to 1 and save the settings. You won't need to press the hash key after dialing then.1 is probably a bit low depending on how quick you dial, 4 might be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Got it fixed. Have a look at the solution here:
    http://forums.blueface.ie/showthread.php?t=1634

"I reduced the intertimer delay from 10s to 0s and it rings through pretty much straight away. "

Advertisement