Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another TF2 Free Weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Stephen wrote: »
    Atlas, were you "charging" the sniper rifle? The longer you stay scoped, the more damage it does. If you just click to shoot it will take 3-4 shots to kill heavier classes, unless you headshot them.

no, i didnt know that ah sure i might buy it and give it a shot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I haven't tried the new system. One thing that would probably work for medics would be to allow the person they are healing to gift them if they do a good job.

Something like that. It might not work for the other classes. I think its all getting a bit complicated, the thing about TF2 was that it was simple and not complicated at all. Random unlocks keeps it simple I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have plenty of spare blutsaugers to gift anyway :pac: I've only seen one hat unlock so far, on a heavy weapons guy. He has an American football helmet.

Still waiting for some sniper unlocks...

I read last night that hats are designed to be rare finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've been using the server browser in-game but pings are just nuts (could be due to BT ADSL2 crappy interleaving). anywhere I can get a list of other servers with english/irish players? I'm tired of american kiddies screaming into the mic and/or asian people shouting "rorth, rorth, <insert syllables here>" before I get left alone defending a control point as the entirety of my team decides pulling back is the best way to defend.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

OMG. What unlocks can the snipers get?
    I know I will get hate for this, but Sniper is all I ever play. Ever. Since Quake TF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

LoLth wrote: »
    I've been using the server browser in-game but pings are just nuts (could be due to BT ADSL2 crappy interleaving). anywhere I can get a list of other servers with english/irish players? I'm tired of american kiddies screaming into the mic and/or asian people shouting "rorth, rorth, <insert syllables here>" before I get left alone defending a control point as the entirety of my team decides pulling back is the best way to defend.....

Join the boards steam group and check out the latest TF2 announcement on the group. They have the IP of an Irish server

It's always empty though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Jumpy wrote: »
    OMG. What unlocks can the snipers get?
    I know I will get hate for this, but Sniper is all I ever play. Ever. Since Quake TF.

Huntsman (Bow and Arrow)
    Jarate (Jar of Piss)
    Razorback (Prevents spies from backstabbing you. Works once per life afaik)

I usually play on the jolt and multiplay.co.uk pubs. As well as Fester's Place, which usually has a bunch of Irish people on. I ping about 80ms to all of them, which is about as good as it gets with my crappy connection.

Also, Lolth: Esc->Mute Players is your friend :D

I didnt know you played TF2 as well. I had you capped as L4D only.

What on earth could a jar of piss do?

• Advertisement

LEGEND! It can put out fires on teammates.
    Oh I like this.

I play TF2 during the times when I can't get enough people together for some vs in left4dead :)

The jar of piss also makes the victim take 35% more damage from anyone who shoots him until it wears off. It also decloaks spies, so there could be some fun to be had with the ones that make it their mission to sap sentry guns all time times!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yep the Jarate is great for extinguishing flames too. Fantastic when used on a tight-group of cart pushers. The amount of assists you get that way is unreal.

Its cool to have something to use as defense against Pyro's.

They can do a lot of damage sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not doing so bad out of this item drop thing do far, haven't bee playing long but I have nearly all the new items. I much prefered the achievement unlock system as it gave me a reason to play the other classes, now I couldn't be bothered with the spy and sniper simply because I'm crap as them ad I gain nothing from the achievements.

Apart from the random drops though this update seems to have been quite good, just wish the pyro players would realise their compression blast now has the ability to extinguish flames.

I've lost count the amount of times I've jumped up and down in front of a pyro seeking their aid only to die with them staring blankly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've lost count the amount of times I've jumped up and down in front of a pyro seeking their aid only to die with them staring blankly on.

You sure they don't have a backburner? I've had people come up to me looking to be but out when I have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Nah, backburner is the one with the face on it, I'm positive they just have the normal flamethrower.

Advertisement