Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book in Hotels - wont refund

Options
  • 20-05-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Have been trying to get a refund back from this crowd for a cancelled reservation for months now and was wondering if there is an organisation that deals with internet problms like this. The cancellation was made well in advance of their policy cut off but they are refusing to even get back in contact with me now.
    Any advice (other than the 'what did you expect booking online') would be very welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact your credit card services provider and see if you are eligible for a chargeback. You will probably need to have supporting documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Is it the hotel or a 3rd party website you're trying to get the refund from?

Depending on the website you may have to get the refund from one or the other. If neither are playing ball, get copies of the T&Cs, proof of when you cancelled the booking, and do a chargeback through your credit card company and let them fight with the hotel/booking engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Thank you both, I didn't even know I could go ahead with a chargeback, think that's what I'll do, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AnotherHelenD

A bit late now I'm afraid but I usually check the tripadvisor forum before I use an online booking engine. It put me right off using bookinhotels. Judging by the experience of others a chargeback is your best option.

Advertisement