Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amway

Options
  • 21-05-2009 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here ever heard of these guys or have any experience of them? They're basically a huge multinational operating what is essentially a legal pyramid scheme. The reason I ask is that I work in sales, advertising to be exact. I rang a guy today who works in mortgage relief/debt "fix' solutions.

Basically, the guy said he'd be interested in the product Im selling and may even have a job for me. Great i thought, so i met him after work for a coffee. Actually thought it seemed like a semi decent idea till i researched it online - thousands of people have become divorced, bankrupt and lonely as a result of what they do.

For a guy who earns a debt relief agency, I find this guys behavior despicable, on the grounds that this is as he says a 'side interest' and that his primary concern is working as a debt advisor. I'd consider bringing it to the attention of the consumer watchdog (I'm pretty sure there is one) only what he does is actually legal. Any advice or comments appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Has anybody here ever heard of these guys or have any experience of them? They're basically a huge multinational operating what is essentially a legal pyramid scheme. The reason I ask is that I work in sales, advertising to be exact. I rang a guy today who works in mortgage relief/debt "fix' solutions.

Basically, the guy said he'd be interested in the product Im selling and may even have a job for me. Great i thought, so i met him after work for a coffee. Actually thought it seemed like a semi decent idea till i researched it online - thousands of people have become divorced, bankrupt and lonely as a result of what they do.

For a guy who earns a debt relief agency, I find this guys behavior despicable, on the grounds that this is as he says a 'side interest' and that his primary concern is working as a debt advisor. I'd consider bringing it to the attention of the consumer watchdog (I'm pretty sure there is one) only what he does is actually legal. Any advice or comments appreciated.....

What are you actually trying to say here?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    thousands of people have become divorced, bankrupt and lonely as a result of what they do.

100% Correct. I am nevertheless impressed at the fact that they are still around after about 40 years.

You will lose all your friends if you try to do what they said you should do . You may make a few euros too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minkster911

I found this thread and wanted to comment from personal experience. I am just a normal everyday guy from Dublin, going on 25 who likes business and has researched and worked in few different fields over the last few years.
    At the moment I run a very successful everyday business in Dublin which was established by our family over a decade ago. Many small to medium sized business owners like ourselves are struggling to make ends meet in this unstable & tough economical climate, People all over Ireland are looking for new & fresh opportunities to create a better life for themselves. It's not just an Irish problems it's a worldwide problem. For alot of people time & money are the key controlling aspects of their lives, if your not rich that is! and creating that perfect balance is pretty hard unless you have a tap that flows with euros instead of water....
    I was one of these people who had long working hours and had barely enough time to spend with my family or doing the things that really mattered to me.A friend of mine introduced me to Amway in Ireland. A few years ago I had been in the US where I did hear of Amway but not in Ireland. The person who introduced me to Amway is over 25 yrs in the business here in Ireland. He is what we call a Diamond. This man makes over 150,000 euro every year from his Amway business as an Amway Business Owner here in Ireland and since Amway is a Global company he also subsequently has business in other European countries and the UK through contacts he has acquired over time through Amway. This man is now in his mid 40's and he has successfully built up a very intelligent business and has given his family a great life and will continue to do so for many years to come through his Amway business. He has the freedom in his life to get up at a time he chooses in the morning and going to play golf, having breakfast with his family and off course tending to his Amway business a few hours at his own leisure, he works when he is ready and when he wants because Amway allows you to create your own schedule, it allows you to live your world not someone elses. You would think that stories like these which are widespread around the world in over 82 Countries and territories would inspire people to have a closer look before judging the business model or something they haven't fully researched or experienced for themselves. Before you make any future claims about Amway I would urge you to at least try their products and how they can benefit you, your family and your pockets! or check out the programs and real initiatives this company offers people who truly understand this business, are motivated and look at life in a positive manner. Should you question a successful business model with over 50 years proven a success or your ability to understand it.? . ? . ?
    If you are part of Ireland today you will know that there are loads of group buying websites out there which offer discounts for group buying.They cut costs by selling in bulk.. there are also online shops and stores nearly on every website and ONLY some actually offer discounts for shopping online which to the retailer means a big saving in cost of production. Manufacturers and companies cross board are looking for ways to reduce costs in production to increase profits for their greedy corporate pockets.
    Amway is The Largest direct selling company in the world with many popular brands that rival big names in Beauty & Health, Organic Nutrional products and Patented technologies which have been researched, tested and improved over the last 50 years.
    Lets not fool ourselves here no one is saying that the Amway business opportunity is for everyone or that it is a get rich quick scheme. Far from it it is. If you actually know how Amway works it encourages you to help other people you introduce to Amway products and Business Opportunity to do better than you as you are part of a team effort and that completely goes against any pyramid scheme style business. The better people you help do, the better you do and the more your business will grow and stronger your team and customer infrastructure will become. It is a very ethical and honest form of doing business really. In any business hard work, motivation and initiative are required daily, as is in the Amway business. people who have these traits tend to understand and approach the business differently giving them a good start and an even better business. Remember one great example which applies to everyone I know and possibly you too.
    In everyday life, When you go shopping in a supermarket or chain retailer you purchase personal, home and beauty products often. You don't receive any actual benefit from the store other than the product itself and maybe a few points on their useless loyalty scheme which will not get you anything worth wanting half the time or very little money in vouchers. I implemented shopping with Amway for all our household products I could, Why...?Because firstly Amway products are much superior in quality than other products, they last a lot longer as a lot of their products are mostly concentrate organic products which do not harm the environment or your family. Their brands are being recognised worldwide for their high quality and if you are eager to have a point of view all you have to do is try them for yourself. Amway is still relatively fresh in Ireland and lets get this straight I've just literally joined Amway nearly 2 months ago. but the team I am involved with and my sponsor couldn't have inspired me more to succeed in this business so much and provided the best support since I joined that I really do fully belief in the Business module and infrastructure with the Global opportunities that also come as a plus really as I speak a few languages and I have completely understood it thanks to this support and effort to make me feel included, like I'm part of something great and also the 50+ online courses you can take through the Amway website once you register with them. This month I got my first check for 325 euro for using, retailing & introducing family & personal friends to Amway products and working with the system to ensure I am doing a good job and not wasting time like most people do, I am listening alot to what my sponsors have to say as they are my mentors really. Success is not measured by the ideas you have that never get executed or things you give up on or don't do at all. it is measured with RESUlTS, once you accomplish a plan you have and reach security in your life both financially & time wise. That would be a place I believe the Amway's business can take mine and my families future. Amway is simply a magnificent very well structured and prepared business vehicle giving anyone the opportunity to consume their great products and become an Amway Business Owner(ABO) at no charge!!!There is no absolute charge to essentially start your own business or even online training! How can you go wrong......???
    Irish People need to open their eyes, get real and be less prude...Amway is a great opportunity. As a young man growing up, alot of my friends recently emigrated to other countries through unemployment due to lack of jobs and opportunities in Ireland I feel like Ireland needs to get hungry again to succeed as a Nation! Those who chose Amway and give it the right time you would give any new start - up business without putting up fronts or being negative u'd learn how to start a great business....at no cost!!! which is changing my life and could definitely change yours.
    To completely put any views that may arise out of this post that I am preaching alot of crap here click on this link <SNIP>

thanks for reading smile.gif Please comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please do not bring up zombie threads.

In addition, if you wish to post in a commercial capacity on Boards, please first contact the admins via hello@boards.ie

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement