Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most you've ever drank in one session?

• 21-05-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Had 15 pints once. I felt like a big ball of regret afterwards. Go on, somebody shock me with the amount they've drank!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I drank one hundred cups of coffee, in the future. The buzz was such that time seemed to slow down and I saved all of my friends, including a sassy robot, from a burning art gallery.

Then my dog died and everyone cried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

This post is so typical of Ireland, how many pints did ya drink oooooh! I'm such a big drinker & i must be better than you because I drank more than you sort of mentality.

This sort of Macho brinksmanship only serves to accentuate our binge drinking culture & re-inforce international stereotypes of the Irish as a race of loutish, drunken jokers.

Furthermore the result of this social phenomnenen are far reaching inot future generation through the neglect of social norms by large herds of inebriated citizens roaming our streets in a disorderly manner leading to normally unimaginable malingery.

Me, I'm a 17 pint man , meself!:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can't remember. Hick-up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Gonzales wrote: »
    This post is so typical of Ireland, how many pints did ya drink oooooh! I'm such a big drinker & i must be better than you because I drank more than you sort of mentality.

This sort of Macho brinksmanship only serves to accentuate our binge drinking culture & re-inforce international stereotypes of the Irish as a race of loutish, drunken jokers.

Furthermore the result of this social phenomnenen are far reaching inot future generation through the neglect of social norms by large herds of inebriated citizens roaming our streets in a disorderly manner leading to normally unimaginable malingery.

Me, I'm a 17 pint man , meself!:)

Jaysus hey, well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I stopped counting how much I drank to prove my manliness years ago.
    Had a fit years ago from drinking so much. Lol cant remember it though. Mother said it was horrible to see. Good job I was pissed

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    I stopped counting how much I drank to prove my manliness years ago.
    Had a fit years ago from drinking so much. Lol cant remember it though. Mother said it was horrible to see. Good job I was pissed

ya big puff! I bet you really stopped because you never got past 3 without passing out slaughtered on the floor! You're such a light weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

'How many' is not the question.

'How long' you were on the session should the the questions.

Without sleep......somehwere in the area of 56 hours.

If you want to talk about a 24 hour period, it is somewhere in the 48 bottle range.

Most days (during the 90s) was in the area of 18-24 bottles per day (six days per week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Arent you :confused:

Im teasing. But relax. To your credit theres a fair few decent sobers among you :p my best friend still lives in clare and has never sat through a glass in his life.

@OP I cant remember, which is always a good sign. When I could remember, I got well above 10 bottles. Most of which was on a dare to drink 10 in 30 minutes. I got to 8.

I guess on a whole though im glad that craziness is behind me for the moment. Havent drank to the point of drunk in nearly a year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

If you want to talk about a 24 hour period, it is somewhere in the 48 bottle range.

Most days (during the 90s) was in the area of 18-24 bottles per day (six days per week)

I suppose I mean on a long night's drinking. Say, starting at 6 or 7 in the evening, drinking your way through till half 5 in the morning!

You're much better than me...

• Advertisement

You're much better than me...

Not really.

Do the math .....that's a nice four bedroom, 2 bath house in the burbs.

Overheal wrote: »
    my best friend still lives in clare and has never sat through a glass in his life.

So it wasn't him I saw in that video with the guy and the jar?

So it wasn't him I saw in that video with the guy and the jar?
    I have no idea what video youre on about. And Im afraid to ask.

ya big puff! I bet you really stopped because you never got past 3 without passing out slaughtered on the floor! You're such a light weight.
    Trust me I can drink a lot more than you can. I wish it only took 3 to got pissed.costs to much needing loads.

I have no idea what video youre on about. And Im afraid to ask.

Definition.

Sigh :) you almost wish the bhoyz could find something better to compete on beside drink. Whatever happened to athletics? eh? eh?

Not really.

Do the math .....that's a nice four bedroom, 2 bath house in the burbs.

No, I stand by my comment - Drinking maketh the man!

Sigh :) you almost wish the bhoyz could find something better to compete on beside drink. Whatever happened to athletics? eh? eh?

I was a competitive swimmer for nearly 20 years before I started drinking.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Trust me I can drink a lot more than you can. I wish it only took 3 to got pissed.costs to much needing loads.

Oh o.k. I'll trust you then, seeing as how you axed so nicely.

Yeah but I guess I mean cant ye's find other forms of competition rather than how drunk you get, while on a night out?
    You get my thanks for NOT linking to the aforementioned material. Fcukin' 'ell.

• Advertisement

finish the story

...& now I'm a full time competitive drinker - join the club.

What are we all like? I asks ya?

What happened ya drank the pool dry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

28 pints in a 14 hour session.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

for the people saying 15 pints etc etc how on earth did they keep track of how many they've had? I've put ridiculous amounts away over the years but it gets to a stage where i've no idea what number drink I'm on, i'm pissed out of my head, and probably dont even remember my last couple of drinks - so I dare say he's talking sh*te or just assuming numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Well, in the span of maybe 3-4 hours I had 2 shots of absinthe, 6 pints of Guinness, 3 or 4 Kryptonites (here, it's 2 shots of southern comfort + a blue wkd), and I had some cocktail called a "can't remember" which, funnily enough, I can't remember drinking, but there's pictorial evidence of it so.

That was maybe my 3rd time ever drinking.. didn't end well. That's the only one I remember, I'm sure I've had more to drink than that but it's never affected me quite as badly since so I haven't really bothered to figure out how much I drank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

cant remember the amount but i once filled up three piss jugs which is still a standing record. i had a lot of beer that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    for the people saying 15 pints etc etc how on earth did they keep track of how many they've had? I've put ridiculous amounts away over the years but it gets to a stage where i've no idea what number drink I'm on, i'm pissed out of my head, and probably dont even remember my last couple of drinks - so I dare say he's talking sh*te or just assuming numbers

Bar tab.

I have had good few 14 or 15 pints of Guinness sessions and I suppose a standard saturday night would be 8 to 10 pints depending on how long we were in the pub before heading to the club then a naggin of something and a few jager bombs in the club.

The most I have drank would probably be around 15 pints of Guinness and then a few shorts. Although I was in Spain when I got my leaving cert results and due to the lack of decent draught beer I must have had 25 to 30 vodkas over the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

22 Guinness on a match day which spanned 11am - 2am, and 8 pubs.

At the end of it I wasn't really drunk at all, just a bit tired.

But I felt that I'd accomplished something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Half a bottle of brandy. Never, ever again. 4 pints max now.

Advertisement